Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

Babestation : Freeview vs Sky

The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: Sophie Dee
(16-10-2011 08:15 )bytor Wrote:  
(16-10-2011 02:08 )vila Wrote:  Freeviewers have to put up with this treatment on a regular basis when the best girls are put on Blue until 3am and when we complain we get very little sympathy. Funny how it's different when Sky viewers get a dose of the same medicine.

It's not the Sky viewers fault. The fact is; Yes all viewers should be able to get all the same content for the whole of the night.
Perhaps keep your daily gripes about how tough it is to be a freeviewer aimed squarely at the people who make the shows and therefore have the power to change the format; not those of us who have the ability and choice to watch through Sky or Freesat.

Don't think anyone ever said it was Sky viewers fault, how could it be?

He's just pointing out how sky viewers are just as capable of 'griping' when the situation is reversed. It's nobody's fault on this side of the screen.
16-10-2011 08:38
Find all posts by this user
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(16-10-2011 08:15 )bytor Wrote:  
(16-10-2011 02:08 )vila Wrote:  Freeviewers have to put up with this treatment on a regular basis when the best girls are put on Blue until 3am and when we complain we get very little sympathy. Funny how it's different when Sky viewers get a dose of the same medicine.

It's not the Sky viewers fault. The fact is; Yes all viewers should be able to get all the same content for the whole of the night.
Perhaps keep your daily gripes about how tough it is to be a freeviewer aimed squarely at the people who make the shows and therefore have the power to change the format; not those of us who have the ability and choice to watch through Sky or Freesat.

I haven't said it's the Sky viewers fault - my gripes are always aimed squarely at BS, just as I've done in the post you've quoted from - by saying they can correct the situation by rotating the girls evenly around the channels. How could I be asking Sky viewers to do that???

We know we can't get the same content for the whole of the night, because even if Ch 97 still started at midnight there still isn't room in the Freeview spectrum for all the BS nightly content. We would still miss 3 hours of Blue, 2½ hours of BS1, and 1½ hours of Xtra. We know that and we know there's nothing that can be done about it - we would just like BS to treat us a bit more considerately. After all, as you often point out, they want the money - why should they expect to get it if they don't provide what their majority customer base wants?

What I'm pointing out is that Freeviewers have to put up with this kind of thing almost daily, yet when we complain we get little sympathy from Sky viewers and are often told by them to, basically, sit down and shut up. Yet here we have an isolated similar occurrence for Sky and the complaints flow immediately. Maybe in future Sky viewers will have a bit more sympathy for Freeview now that they know what it feels like.

Edit: And if I've ever aimed any of my complaints at Sky viewers, please quote where I've done so. Quite a few Sky viewers have helped out by posting videos of some of what we've missed and I'm sure all Freeviewers are as grateful as I am for that. The fact remains, though, that there is an undertone on this forum which suggests that the majority think Freeviewers don't have any right to complain - and some go as far as taking the piss when we do - er, don't they? Wink
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 09:47 by vila.)
16-10-2011 09:10
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

i do have sympathy for freeview viewers as wouldnt be watching bs if i just had it, even more so after what happened with sophie

Piper Niven Superfan
16-10-2011 09:44
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(16-10-2011 09:44 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  i do have sympathy for freeview viewers as wouldnt be watching bs if i just had it, even more so after what happened with sophie

I too have sympathy as I said we should all get the same content. The one thing that has made BS like it is, is the ever expanding audience & the questionable method used to hard sell to that audience.
16-10-2011 10:35
madjack Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Babestation : Freeview vs Sky
Well we've just had the switch over and the said they would boost the signal but it is still shite so for me sky even though most of the time I can't watch(house full of insomniacs)
17-10-2011 11:35
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV