Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Fellow Cappers & Video Makers

Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

RE: Fellow Cappers & Video Makers
Is there a way of automatically registering a thanks when a download is requested or when a cap is clicked on?

I consider myself a part time capper & have posted a few short videos aswell but only do it
when the mood takes me as quite frankly its a pain in the Arse Tongue

But i do think considering the amount of vids and caps that some guys post that the thanks and reps they get for it falls seriously short.

I think you should have to register to the site to download any content at the very least and should be
compulsory to thank any content you choose to upload from a contributing member...whether thats feasible or
not i have no idea!

Anyway Thanks to all those who do contribute caps and vids to the forum and to those who take the time to hit the thanks button!
31-12-2010 15:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I always try to press the thanks button at every opportunity. If I've not been around for a couple of days, I do try and find the posts made with videos and caps and put the thanks in. Smile Maybe I'll even figure out how to do caps / vids myself some day, although I do contribute with plenty of non cap/vid pictures in threads. Smile

I think its only fair that we should have a share-share alike world - we need givers as much as we need receivers.... WinkBig Grin

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
31-12-2010 15:24
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

Thanks guys for the comments. Big Grin

I was however, making that initial statement on behalf of all cappers & video makers. Not just myself.

I will continue to post caps & vids myself, regardless of what other people think of my work.

I have never been bothered by thanks or rep. At the end of the day, it's meaningless.

As I have said before. I do it because I enjoy it. I just don't like seeing other members (myself included) not getting enough respect for all their efforts.

Maybe I'm just old school, and think people deserve recognition for hard work. But that's just me.

All the best

Ace.
31-12-2010 15:32
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

(31-12-2010 15:14 )astonv1 Wrote:  Is there a way of automatically registering a thanks when a download is requested or when a cap is clicked on?

I consider myself a part time capper & have posted a few short videos aswell but only do it
when the mood takes me as quite frankly its a pain in the Arse Tongue

But i do think considering the amount of vids and caps that some guys post that the thanks and reps they get for it falls seriously short.

I think you should have to register to the site to download any content at the very least and should be
compulsory to thank any content you choose to upload from a contributing member...whether thats feasible or
not i have no idea!

Anyway Thanks to all those who do contribute caps and vids to the forum and to those who take the time to hit the thanks button!

you shouldnt have to force people to thank a vid for the vid if they download it, its just common manners to thank it. i see no benefit from making thanks compulsory as its just thanks for the sake of thanking and not a geniune appreciation for the uploaders work. (unless some uploaders just wanna be thanked of course)

can only speak for myself i thank every post with a link in which i download, but as someone else said i dont see the point of thanking a post if i dont download the vid from that post.

we appreciate the work you uploaders do, you are a big part of this forum, but we shouldnt have to kiss your ass constantly with all due respect.

you should already know the underlying appreciation is there from the majority of members.

ju
31-12-2010 15:33
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(31-12-2010 12:58 )aceman65 Wrote:  Over the last few months I've come to the conclusion, that we seem to be getting more and more unappreciated on this forum.

... writes one of the nominees for the Best Cap/Vid maker of the year award (joke ... not jealous in the slightest).

Personally speaking, I find it hard to complain because I'm as guilty of it as anyone else. Admittedly, that's mainly because I rarely download anyone else's stuff and I spend all my time on the forum doing my thang. True, it is a little annoying when someone who's got no reps and very few posts appears disgruntled at having to wait for a vid but that's human nature I'm afraid.

I've never really seen the "Thanks" button as grattitude, more an indication of interest (even though it doesn't truly reflect the download numbers involved). And, considering that it's usually the same names who take the time to thank, I've always rated the appreciation of "friends" over strangers anyway. And I definitely agree with eagle_si about the appreciation of the presenters ... let's face it, doing something fairly basic to impress a beautiful woman is not uncommon behaviour for us men.
31-12-2010 15:43
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(31-12-2010 15:32 )aceman65 Wrote:  I have never been bothered by thanks or rep. At the end of the day, it's meaningless.

As I have said before. I do it because I enjoy it. I just don't like seeing other members (myself included) not getting enough respect for all their efforts.

Maybe I'm just old school, and think people deserve recognition for hard work. But that's just me.

All the best

Ace.

I think its fair to say that most members do appreciate all cappers work, I do also agree with what Chris said above that it shouldnt require arse kissing as its up to the capper if they want to do it or not

You mention though that you are not interested in 'reps' or 'thanks' because at the end of the day it is meaningless but you wouldnt mind more recognition....your names are already a darker blue and you had a end of year cup! what more do you want! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 15:46 by simplymarko.)
31-12-2010 15:45
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

the thanks button i also quite worthless as I can think of a few forum members who just click the thanks button to confirm they have read the post!
31-12-2010 15:47
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

and you guys if you really crave thanks/recognition, could rar your files and put a password on them. and only reveal the password to the downloader when they click the thanks button or something of that nature.
31-12-2010 15:48
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(31-12-2010 15:14 )astonv1 Wrote:  I think you should have to register to the site to download any content at the very least and should be
not i have no idea!

The easiest way to do that would be to add the hide hack code, which is just a simple link protector which after hitting the thanks button will revel the link.

[Image: hidehack1.jpg]
31-12-2010 15:49
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(31-12-2010 15:49 )gazfc Wrote:  
(31-12-2010 15:14 )astonv1 Wrote:  I think you should have to register to the site to download any content at the very least and should be
not i have no idea!

The easiest way to do that would be to add the hide hack code, which is just a simple link protector which after hitting the thanks button will revel the link.

[Image: hidehack1.jpg]

eventually that would mean you are thanking people for dead links Big Grin
and besides...what if i dont like the video or cap Big Grin
31-12-2010 15:50

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS