Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2 Average

What is now the point of these channels

nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

RE: What is now the point of these channels.
ensure any sexual language broadcast is restrained, and avoid its use altogether before midnight...

What did I forecast about the watershed?

Looks like it has moved up now to midnight bladewave
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 13:26 by nailpouchofmine.)
05-02-2011 13:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

(02-02-2011 17:36 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Under these strict rules I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if less than half the channels are still here come 6 months time. For me its either fight or flight. Ofcom have to at least relax the rules a bit more for the night shows. I'm not saying live dildo shows straight away but at least let us see the goods say after midnight. I still think after 9pm would be acceptable but in realistic terms midnight would be more feasible for some kind of negotiation between ofcom and the babe channels. Or another method is ofcom could tell SKY to hide these channels permanently from the EPG which could then be unlocked by the viewer or another method with technology these days could just be a simple call to SKY to have them remove the channels for you. We have the technology available these days to comply with the board of censors. The shows will only then truly evolve once these changes are put in place because at the moment its a cat and mouse game. My advice to the babe channels is sit down and have a meeting and try and come up with a solution that would keep all parties happy. 2011 doesn't have to be a Victorian era.

Yes, they are finished unless they take action.
Time is running out for them.
Unfortunately, I don't think the broadcasters have the balls to do anything other than take it up the bum from Ofcon.
The clock is ticking.................................
05-02-2011 15:01
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Looks like my 'The end is nigh' prediction a couple of weeks ago grows ever closer.

The producers of these shows don't seem concerned - they certainly don't come on here to voice that concern if they are - but they need to understand that their days are seriously numbered!

I'm kind of happy in a way. Ofcom are going to hang themselves, but it needed something big like this to happen before they had enough rope.

I also think people should start actively posting in the babeshows' relevent threads that they don't watch anymore, and give the reasons they don't watch. A lot of people don't bother with these Ofcom threads and are probably not fully aware of the mood.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 15:42 by StanTheMan.)
05-02-2011 15:36
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

The thing is this, the UK isn't the only country in Europe with strict rules on censorship, take Italy for example but where as other countries have appeased the board of censors in very much the same way as we do by moving all the channels into one section, only here in the UK are we still having persistent problems in convincing Ofcom that we have the measures currently in place. The broadcasters of these channels must get bigger balls because Ofcom can and will do without notice shut any one of these channels down and they need more protection to avoid this. Even if Babestation for example Isn't being hounded at the moment but their turn will come so they cannot take it for granted that just because they've been what you could say the founder members and original when in comes to this kind of channel that'll it'll never happen to us approach because just look at Bangbabes. Here today - gone tommorow. Complacency is a dangerous way of thinking, nothing should ever be taken for granted. Some sort of safety guard has to be put up to protect the channels, almost a type of insurance if you want to call it that. They need to make it difficult for Ofcom to attack because right now I would compare the babe channels much in the same as I would call Poland 1939, vulnerable to attack and without notice the tanks of ofcom will come roaring in and close down the entire network. Make no mistake about this because the situation at the moment is very serious and nothing should be taken for granted.
05-02-2011 15:41
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(05-02-2011 15:41 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Some sort of safety guard has to be put up to protect the channels, almost a type of insurance if you want to call it that.

Nah, let 'em all go down. It needs to happen before anything will happen, if you get my drift.
05-02-2011 15:46
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

If they all go down nothing will happen. Babe Channels will be consigned to history, I want to see action, I do not support the idea of letting them all go down. This would be a disaster and I'm more in favour of the channels getting their fingers out in preventing this. Surrender is not what made this country great. If anything move all the studios up to Scotland then and we'll show you lot on how to run a channel. We'll fight ofcom just like we did the English.
05-02-2011 16:16
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Forum Posts
First Bangbabes and then Babeworld. My prediction is RLC would be next due to their channels owned by Playboy. Then Elitetv followed closely by the other channels with BS being the last to go. So Ofcom will then move on to mainstream and then before you know it, we will be all watching religous programmes. This must be what the mayan calender was really predicting for 2012BounceBounce Back to the point, Ofcom will eventually fuck with the wrong broadcaster and get shutdown for faking complaints. At the moment though, what are the babechannels get complaints for? With the exception of the odd show here or there, they are by far the worst shows that have ever been. I mean, you've got one broadcaster that is constantly shoving ads in your face and other channels that have the deja-vu syndrome. It will become a case of "we told you so" within 2yrs because they will be none existent. Now is the time for the babechannels to get a backbone and tell Ofcom where to stick these so called complaintsannoyed!

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 16:58 by SYBORG666.)
05-02-2011 16:55
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

The live request shows shouldn't be taken for granted; eight years ago they didn't exist (those who were subscribing to Sky in the pre Babestation/Babecast days will be able to confirm that about the best you got was Teresa May teaching women from the sticks how to striptease on Men & Motors late night!). If the channels go to the wall, then they - and we - have had a good run.
05-02-2011 17:07
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I hope we won't be talking RIP to the babe channels come 6 months time. But the only way this happens is for all broadcasters of all of these channels to come specifically on this thread and give us their long term plans and any existing ones they have perhaps got up their sleeves because 8 years is a hell of a good run for Babestation for example. Babestation I've noticed are all too good at posting articles in the other threads on the forum you know the one's I'm talking about. The ones singing their praises and sucking up to all the models, thats all very well but they're not seeing the full picture here. I too will sing the praise's of various shows on these threads also but you have to take a step back and look at the more serious matter here and the channels are not willing to do this. It's a bit like certain football teams saying we're too good to go down. No you're not and if Babestation, SportXXX or any of the other long term running shows think this then they are deluded. Ofcom couldn't give 2 flying fucks about your prestigious history or past glories. Maybe we're all on this forum just being paranoid and have over exaggerated the situation but why take the chance. Everything about the future of the babe channels at the moment is hanging in the balance. Instead of reading posting only praising how good your show's are, come on this forum and give us a different side to the story and what you as a broadcaster are going to do about it. We've all debated, came up with different ideas from Adult Channels locked out of SKY box's to 6 digit codes, all idea's have been exhausted but ultimately it isn't us who's in control, it's you lot the broadcasters. Bangbabes RIP was a long term running show and was also one of the first to broadcast. No channel out there is too big or too good to go under. Remember Ofcom don't give a fuck who you are, you're just another channel number to them.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 18:51 by Scottishbloke.)
05-02-2011 18:49
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

I can understand where Scottishbloke is coming from I wrote a note on what I think the channels should do.

But let us ALL not forget this little gem.

If and when these channels go into the blue yonder and follow in the spirit of Bangbabes.

Then this will almost certainly be the end of this forum,nothing more and nothing less.

I have stopped watching the channels now because I got bored with them all and have instead started browsing the net,[for softcore]because I prefer that of late.

I will still check into the forum just to see how things develop,but apart from that my interest has gone.lol Smile
05-02-2011 20:17