Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average

Red Light Central - Calling, Telephone & Texting Questions/Issues

MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

RE: Worrying Red Light Practices.
Thanks for the "heads up" - a clever technique for squeezing more money out of people that's probably very difficult to prove...

My company did some web services for a premium-rate provider a while back, and I've never met such a collection of distasteful rip-off merchants in my life. Total - and I do mean "total" - disregard and contempt for their customers...

Took ages to pay us as well apparently.

(28-04-2012 10:17 )andi_james Wrote:  The last two times I've called Red Light I've noticed a really rather distasteful practice that they are adopting. After waiting through another caller, I've been patched through to the girl on screen (Dannii Harwood both times), only to be put on hold via the handset. I'm assuming this is what happens, as there is an extended period of silence, while Dannii wobbles the handset on screen and tries to coax a caller.

On the first occasional, I hung up after about 90 seconds of silence, assuming a technical fault. I got in touch with their complaints/help desk twice, and was given no answer whatsoever - totally ignored. On the second, I noticed the same happen to the caller beforehand. When my turn came, there was the usual recorded "we're putting you through" message, then a beep (I'm assuming that this is the studio handset being manually silenced). On screen, no caller play acting went on for at least 2 minutes, then Dannii took me off hold and started the call. I was that annoyed once it was confirmed that there was no technical problem, I hung up.

I'm happy for a company to make a profit, but this seems incredibly dishonest. It is entirely designed to eek more time out of the caller, and to build up the queue of waiting callers, who are given the impression that the line is free, when in fact someone is waiting on hold. The person waiting on hold is given no information on what's going on, with a very confusion picture painted by the automated messages colliding with complete silence.

I've never experienced this with any other channel, and will avoid Red Light in the future. I recommend others make their own decision, and would like to know if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
15-08-2012 16:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BustyBabeFan Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Red Light Central - Calling, Telephone & Texting Questions/Issues
Not all of the girls support the "ripping off" of callers. I've never had trouble with Lucy G, Jemma J, LDM, Dionne or Mellie. Appears that the girls that don't do it leave RLC or are given very few shifts. RLC must only want to put on the girls that make them the most money by this scam. I've seen that Mellie gets upset that she doesn't get as busy as she used to be, but if people are avoiding the channels because of the likes of Dannii and Lucy, then her calls will be less. She's the only one left of my old favs on RLC, it wouldn't surprise me if she left too.

On the plus side, I like Sydney JJ and I hope she sticks around.
15-08-2012 19:06
Silicone worshiper Offline
Senior Poster

Hadn't phoned RLC in a few months due to the erratic nature of their phone service. I tried to get through to Candy Charms on Saturday night, ringing the 1580 number from Ireland.After listening to a number of delay-tactic infomessages , I was then given the option of either dialing 1 to listen in on the girl's call, or dialing 2 to speak to an offscreen girl.Seeing as Candy wasn't on a call, there was nothing to listen in on. Having tried every icon on the keypad I still couldn't get through, so I had to hang up. But with 30 euro less in my pocket and a raging hard-on. This is exactly what happened the last few times I've tried to ring RLC , and why I never ring RLC anymore. What a complete parasitic fucking joke of a channel . This never happens on any of the other channels with 1580 Irish numbers. Again it's obviously a deliberate tactic to rip-off and steal from customers.
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 17:46 by Silicone worshiper.)
20-08-2012 03:02
redlight central Offline
Senior Poster

you rang the wrong number 1580 is the old irish number the new one is 1590 were did you get 1580 from?

(20-08-2012 03:02 )Silicone worshiper Wrote:  Hadn't phoned RLC in a few months due to the erratic nature of their phone service. I tried to get through to Candy Charms on Saturday night, ringing the 1580 number from Ireland.After listening to a number of delay-tactic infomessages , I was then given the option of either dialing 1 to listen in on the girl's call, or dialing 2 to speak to an offscreen girl.Seeing as Candy wasn't on a call, there was nothing to listen in on. Having tried every icon on the keypad I still couldn't get through, so I had to hang up. But with 30 euro less in my pocket and a raging hard-on. This is exactly what happened the last few times I've tried to ring RLC , and why I never ring RLC anymore. What a complete parasitic fucking joke of a channel . This never happens on any of the other channels with 1580 Irish numbers. Again it's obviously a deliberate tactic to rip-off and steal from customers.
20-08-2012 22:26
Silicone worshiper Offline
Senior Poster

I rang 1590 999 315, the number displayed on screen. I just wrote 1580 by mistake this morning. If I had dialed the old number how would I have have been fucking put through to RLC and given the option of listening in. Please address the issue and stop bring a retarded pedant!
20-08-2012 23:33
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

(20-08-2012 22:26 )redlight central Wrote:  you rang the wrong number 1580 is the old irish number the new one is 1590 were did you get

Well, this just tells you all you need to know about the crooked nest of vipers at RLC. He reads through and completely ignores a long trail of complaints that are perfectly valid and consistent, and instead chooses to surface only to put right a typo. Not one word about the issue that has everyone on here complaining. Rubbish.
21-08-2012 12:45
speedybert Away
Posting Machine

(15-08-2012 15:27 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  Just going to echo many of the complaints on this thread and confirm to RLC/PB that they have lost yet another frequent caller because of these absurd and, frankly, criminal practices.

It has happened to me on about a dozen occasions over a number of weeks, so there is no way that it is a fluke or just my bad luck. Moreover, the experience is exactly as reported here by other users.

Call up, wait in queue, listen to one chap after another get through, say "hello, hello, hello" only to be met with silence until they get fed up or time out. I stick it out for the duration and through the escalating call charge because -- let's face it -- at this point the brain that is controlling the phone is the one that has no concern for the bank account. Finally blessed with the message that says I am through ... and then realise that I am the idiot on the phone saying, "hello, hello, hello" to no one.

I know there is an unspoken rule on this Board that the ladies are to be revered and the channels reviled, but I actually believe in this case that it is the ladies at fault. They are simply not interested in talking and are only too happy to leave you on hold. Jennifer Jade, Lucy Zara and Dannii Harwood are the worst culprits, in my experience. Pity, because they are hot as hell, and I would call them often if this unsavoury practice were not so common.

As it stands, they won't be getting another penny from me until I start reading on this thread that things are improving.

Plenty of other girls on other -- better -- channels to call, who show at least a modicum of respect to their customers and some understanding that we are paying for a service that they are expected to provide.

It is appalling behaviour. Shame on you, RLC. And buyer beware, the rest of you.

Rant over.

Well said

I have to say that RLC is the reason I stopped phoning the channels Should have learnt my lesson from previous experiences I suppose with RLC:
Phoning Michelle Thorne who was putting on a very good naked show but apparently was on the phone to another caller the whole time(whom we couldn't hear)and then when free started waving the phone again,did an on mic 'my phone is free' and then went off air.

My other experience was Lucy Summers who when I was finally connected to her sounded like she was shouting into an empty bucket in a different room.Sadly Jennifer Jade in particular was the final straw.She is a very fine woman to look at and my first experience on the phone with her was very good indeed,can't complain,although she tried plugging her website which while you're 'on a call' isn't actually that much of a turn on.Second call nowhere near as good and the third and final call was the one where I was connected to a very bored sounding girl who while sounding bored still managed to look eneregised on screen(no mean feat really)and who sent me back to the main menu after a few minutes(that was what the automated message told me anyway)As is always the case the girls who work on these channels could be roughly split into two categories:-

Those that are interested in giving their callers a good time both on the phone and on screen
Those who are just doing a job and aren't really fussed either way

And as for the channels well they are here to make their money and know that for the most part their punters aren't exactly going to complain to trading standards about the quality of service.

If you can't say anything nice.....join the club!!
21-08-2012 15:27
Kandifan2012 Offline
Senior Poster

Have they sorted the scam problem?
25-08-2012 20:01
bigbutts Offline
Junior Poster

[split] RLC Schedule - Chat
http://twitter.com/Kandi_KayXXX

46m Andy Andy ‏@strongandy3
@Kandi_KayXXX I heard there's a scam on redlight. You wouldn't do that, would you?

does anyone know what it's about?
25-08-2012 21:24
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: RLC Schedule - Chat
be the usual pain in the backside phone system

Piper Niven Superfan
25-08-2012 22:16

Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL