Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.24 Average

CELESTE HAS RESIGNED !!

gillespie Offline
Senior Poster

RE: CELESTE HAS RESIGNED !!
Hazhard Wrote:hopefully she will move onto another channel.

dont think any others broadcast from the US.
i wonder about the people who run there channels they upset their 2 best assets. f this channel aint got a reason to watch it now. wish celeste had a site or something for us fans to sign upto Sad

So, I suppose I'm a breast guy?
25-02-2009 23:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cee Offline
Master Poster

Wow! I missed what happened today... but from just perusing this forum, even casually, have a pretty clear idea...

Look, I in no way want to play devils advocate - I happen to think Celeste's shows are amazing and she has easily been the most entertaining, genuine, and fun presenter the channels have seen for a longtime. However, as much as we have all enjoyed her antics on the day show of late, they were risky to say the least! The facts are - that if ofcom were to get hold of that footage, they would be easily within their rights to hand the channel a huge fine...

Now, I'm not saying that ofcom would be correct in doing so, but legally - they would be more than justified according to their codes of conduct to enforce said rules, and thereby punish the channel in question.

As has been mentioned before, Celeste has always wanted to please her viewers, and quite obviously - genuinely cared/cares about entertaining her fans. Now, this is where the problems have manifested over a period of time. Unfortunately, her willingness to give the viewers what they want (and should deserve), led her to engage in a battle with an unbeatable force... the force in question, being ofcom of course.

Much like Babestar a few years back, she was fighting a losing battle. And the more she wanted to entertain her fans and truly give them what they want - the harder that battle would become.

You can't blame the channel for being scared of receiving a heavy fine, but on the other side - the effort and time that Celeste has invested in this channel, clearly she deserved more respect than she obviously got, after said person/asshole phoned in to complain.

It's a shame, but once again ofcom win, which sadly means once again, we also lose!

I'm sorry to see you go Celeste - but hey, it was fun while it lasted... Thanks for entertaining us, and at least trying to fight the battle.Smile

Alesha Dixon is my new pretend girlfriend lol
26-02-2009 02:32
Spoon Offline
Senior Poster

Hello Peeps,
My names Spoon and I just came across your forume hope we can all have a laugh and be friends.

On a serious note I am gutted to hear that Celeste is going, she was one of my favourites and defo one of the best.
From what she posted I for one think the way she was treated is way out of line. And she will be missed.

"Whatever makes your leg shake"
26-02-2009 02:44
Gamehead Offline
Would you kindly?

Hey Spoon, welcome.

I, like a few others on this particular thread have personally never seen Celeste. I get from the gist of things and from watching most of the shows for the past two years that the evil that is Ofcom usually shafts these channels pretty bad if they step out of line too often, although they do usually get a warning first (unless it's a blatent violation). It is a shame when girls try hard to give the service as advertised on the channel but depends a lot on restrictions imposed at the time of airing and that current license holders type of programme.

Have a lovely peruse of the joys of: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

Oh yes, it's light reading.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam
26-02-2009 02:54
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Colbert Rules Offline
Pray For Trump

cee Wrote:Wow! I missed what happened today... but from just perusing this forum, even casually, have a pretty clear idea...

Look, I in no way want to play devils advocate - I happen to think Celeste's shows are amazing and she has easily been the most entertaining, genuine, and fun presenter the channels have seen for a longtime. However, as much as we have all enjoyed her antics on the day show of late, they were risky to say the least! The facts are - that if ofcom were to get hold of that footage, they would be easily within their rights to hand the channel a huge fine...

Now, I'm not saying that ofcom would be correct in doing so, but legally - they would be more than justified according to their codes of conduct to enforce said rules, and thereby punish the channel in question.

As has been mentioned before, Celeste has always wanted to please her viewers, and quite obviously - genuinely cared/cares about entertaining her fans. Now, this is where the problems have manifested over a period of time. Unfortunately, her willingness to give the viewers what they want (and should deserve), led her to engage in a battle with an unbeatable force... the force in question, being ofcom of course.

Much like Babestar a few years back, she was fighting a losing battle. And the more she wanted to entertain her fans and truly give them what they want - the harder that battle would become.

You can't blame the channel for being scared of receiving a heavy fine, but on the other side - the effort and time that Celeste has invested in this channel, clearly she deserved more respect than she obviously got, after said person/asshole phoned in to complain.

It's a shame, but once again ofcom win, which sadly means once again, we also lose!

I'm sorry to see you go Celeste - but hey, it was fun while it lasted... Thanks for entertaining us, and at least trying to fight the battle.Smile
I just watched the Biography channel at 7pm and it was about Mickey Rourke. They showed clips of him saying fuck from a couple of his movies..will ofcom close down this channel, I don't think so.

"If loving Leila was a crime, Colbert would be on Death Row."
26-02-2009 03:06
Gamehead Offline
Would you kindly?

Damn straight Colbert

Oh but we must think of the children!

Yeah, right. Protect them from sex but lets tell them a Rabbit left them chocolate eggs at Easter too.

26-02-2009 03:10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cee Offline
Master Poster

Colbert Rules Wrote:
cee Wrote:Wow! I missed what happened today... but from just perusing this forum, even casually, have a pretty clear idea...

I just watched the Biography channel at 7pm and it was about Mickey Rourke. They showed clips of him saying fuck from a couple of his movies..will ofcom close down this channel, I don't think so.

I don't remember saying that the way ofcom goes about imposing fines, or closing down channels was right, just and/or even fair!

My point was exactly how it reads - the content in the day show on monday, and most likely today, would be more than enough to get the channel a fine when we consider the "standards" (however hypocritical) applied by this so called "ruling body".

The fact that ofcom are a bunch of hypocritical assholes is actually irrelevant, and therefore does not pertain to my post.

However, I do agree with you, heres something I wrote in an earlier thread...

"I swear this country is so fucked up! There are shows such as Dirty Sanchez (kind of like Jackass), that are allowed to show guys sticking leaches on their cocks until they bleed - (in close-up, with no pixelation), sticking pipes up their asses to do enemas with beer and other such pretty gross, (but admittedly pretty funny) acts. But, when it comes to hot girls on shows that are supposed to be made for over-18's, i.e adults, even flashing/teasing their pussies is deemed unacceptable ... I mean what the fuck? It seems idiosyncratic to say the least, let alone, just completely ridiculous.

Over the last few years, the shows have gradually, but steadily, become more and more tame, and frankly boring.

Then we are treated to someone like yourself (for a while at least), who tries to push the limits and entertain... but sooner or later they always wave their shitty rule-sheet that literally teems with double-standards and put a stop to it. But why? I mean who are you really hurting by being a bit naughty after 11pm at night... No, one, that's who!
"

My point was that however hypocritical and nonsensical ofcom's rules are towards the Babe Shows, they still have the power to impose these fines - as Babestar found out much to their detriment...

And that is why the wonderful Celeste was always fighting a losing battle.Sad

Alesha Dixon is my new pretend girlfriend lol
26-02-2009 03:25
Gamehead Offline
Would you kindly?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Or Who watches the watchers if you like.

You know what I mean, now let's start talking revolution.

26-02-2009 03:36
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

Hmmm, well I agree its a shame if Celeste has left or really will be leaving, but all of these threads and indignant anti-Ofcum responses (how dare they officiate against deliberate and frequent pussy flashes during daytime TV and exploit their powers to that extent!) do make me wonder if next we're going to be seeing Elton John popping on the forum tomorrow posting an updated version of Candle in the Wind to mark the demise of Celeste...

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2009 04:00 by skateguy.)
26-02-2009 03:59
yummyyaz Away
Loulo 12

skateguy Wrote:if next we're going to be seeing Elton John popping on the forum tomorrow posting an updated version of Candle in the Wind to mark the demise of Celeste...

what a good idea - no wait candle in the wind - what an aweful suggestion.

I vote something about the way you look tonight, now that was a song and half and fitting.
26-02-2009 04:38