Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.41 Average

Is it now time for tighter moderation of forum ?

Ducky Offline
Quack Quack Bitches!

RE: Time for tighter moderation
When I was in primary school, I was appointed as hallway monitor. It was during a very hot long summer and I was only meant to be doing it for a week. The next guy who was meant to doit didn't want to, so the teachers said I had to stay. Then a further two didn't want to take over when it was their turn and I ended up patroling that FUCKING cloak room for weeks and weeks. My only glimps of the sun was when someone came in to the corridors to use the toilets and the door took a few seconds to close behind them...
SPIDER MONKEY, may I borrow your violin a moment please sir?

Consider giving others the power of moderators occasionally. Vote them in if need be, give shandyman the week off and take turns.
Unfortunately, not all cases of people feeling let down by admin are best dealt with by other posters saying, "If you don't like it you know were the door is"

If folk don't like being picked on or baring witness to victimisation here then utilise the REPORT button & let the bullies and shit stirers be shown were the door is, not the polite decent people.

I say... if folk are nasty, mean ect then reprimand them and eventually boot them out!

The admin here do a pretty good job and if shandyman wishes to be hall monitor then he must refrain from playing out in the sun with the other kids sometimes.
The moral to the story is, appreciate what you've got or offer to patrol the halls with shandyman and smcgill occasionally. I appreciate them.
I'd be a good moderator here... but I prefer to play out in the sun :-)

The wonderful, sexy, Reed Amber, is now on OnlyFans!
https://onlyfans.com/reedamberx
She is a Studio66 Legend!
AND she also has a dedicated Foot Fetish OnlyFans page, too,
https://onlyfans.com/feetandmore
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2009 19:33 by Ducky.)
28-02-2009 19:26
Find all posts by this user
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Emmaspuppy

You know in a roundabout way that's what i would have/could have said.
In essence we just need clones of admin and smc to watch the place.
For whatever reason no other mods have been selected, only admin can answer why.

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
28-02-2009 19:30
cherryryder Offline
Gone

Emmaspuppy Wrote:When I was in primary school, I was appointed as hallway monitor. It was during a very hot long summer and I was only meant to be doing it for a week. The next guy who was meant to doit didn't want to, so the teachers said I had to stay. Then a further two didn't want to take over when it was their turn and I ended up patroling that FUCKING cloak room for weeks and weeks. My only glimps of the sun was when someone came in to the corridors to use the toilets and the door took a few seconds to close behind them...

Consider giving others the power of moderators occasionally. Vote them in if need be, give shandyman the week off and take turns.
Unfortunately, not all cases of people feeling let down by admin are best dealt with by saying, "If you don't like it you know were the door is"

If folk don't like being picked on or baring witness to victimisation here then utilise the REPORT button & let the bullies and shit stirers be shown were the door is, not the polite decent people.

I say... if folk are nasty, mean ect then reprimand them and eventually boot them the fuck out!

The admin here do a pretty good job and if shandyman wishes to be hall monitor then he must refrain from playing out in the sun with the other kids sometimes.
I'd be a good moderator here... but I prefer to play in the sun :-)

I like your analogy...you are a deep dog...Wink
28-02-2009 19:32
Shandy Offline

am a bit puzzled emmaspuppy, i'm not a mod on the forum, only the chatroom, so in the forum, i'm just like anyone else....
28-02-2009 19:33
Ducky Offline
Quack Quack Bitches!

Emmaspuppy Wrote:When I was in primary school, I was appointed as hallway monitor. It was during a very hot long summer and I was only meant to be doing it for a week. The next guy who was meant to doit didn't want to, so the teachers said I had to stay. Then a further two didn't want to take over when it was their turn and I ended up patroling that FUCKING cloak room for weeks and weeks. My only glimps of the sun was when someone came in to the corridors to use the toilets and the door took a few seconds to close behind them...

Unfortunately, not all cases of people feeling let down by admin are best dealt with by other posters saying, "If you don't like it you know were the door is"

I say... if folk are nasty, mean ect then reprimand them and eventually boot them out!

The moral to the story is, appreciate what you've got or offer to patrol the halls with shandyman and smcgill occasionally. I appreciate them.
I'd be a good moderator here... but I prefer to play out in the sun :-)

sorry, I went on a huge rant, then edited my original posting for the sake of being more civilised.

watching Slumdog millionaire on DVD (pirate copy) it's pretty good dudes

28-02-2009 19:36
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

A Spider Monkey Wrote:...As I have said before on a few similar threads (though not always as politely), if you don't like it you know where the door is.
Yup, I know where quite a few doors are. Unfortunately leaving the room doesn't stop the room existing. Actually maybe it does if nobody looks in apart from the occasional cat owned by Schrödinger. This means in part leaving isn't an option

At present my problem lies with the site being that busy and with no set regulation when people join that too many personal insults are flying about which people try to justify as just an opinion. Whilst I respect that we want to keep this forum as open as possible moderating is still required for those who can't manage to moderate themselves. I feel SM© has his hands full just keeping up with current posts and requests than to pro actively make inroads on anything and the situation because of that is occasionally boiling over. Time for someone to write up an AUP

Will I walk out the door Spider Monkey? There are still to many good people on here to turn away yet and things are not at a stage where I feel the need to formally point problems out to Admin, far from it.

The day, if it ever happens, that I decide things have deteriorated to a stage where I don't agree with the forum and Admin (I can't see it happening as Admin has always been approachable). Well, one can expect a leaving card for those left behind as it'll mean I have failed any talks here or in private about content. That's when I'll use a door, and it wouldn't be the one marked exit, it'd be the one marked Web Host Tongue

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
28-02-2009 19:37
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Red Wrote:Time for someone to write up an AUP
Best suggestion i've heard.

28-02-2009 19:40
Ducky Offline
Quack Quack Bitches!

shandyman Wrote:am a bit puzzled emmaspuppy, i'm not a mod on the forum, only the chatroom, so in the forum, i'm just like anyone else....

Erm... how red is my face right now? ha ha, oops!

28-02-2009 19:41
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Emmaspuppy Wrote:Erm... how red is my face right now? ha ha, oops!
I know it's my thread but felt it someone else's place to correct you Big Grin

28-02-2009 19:43
Shandy Offline

Emmaspuppy Wrote:
shandyman Wrote:am a bit puzzled emmaspuppy, i'm not a mod on the forum, only the chatroom, so in the forum, i'm just like anyone else....

Erm... how red is my face right now? ha ha, oops!

Thats ok, i was just a bit confused why i was mentioned! lol.

I don't think i'd be a good mod for the forum personally, so not volunteering, but for the chatroom, i hope i am doing ok as its a bit of a different assignment than being a mod on the forum.... Smile
28-02-2009 19:46
Thread Closed