Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.41 Average

Is it now time for tighter moderation of forum ?

dondoe returns Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Is it now time for tighter moderation of forum ?
Right,I'm off to the Pub now Tongue
28-02-2009 21:24
Find all posts by this user
al4 Offline
Daytime wanking rocks

have a pint for me................Cool

28-02-2009 21:26
BristolRovers Offline
Just another poster

[quote=Sm©]
my pasword is *****
go on, give it a try,

I know i cant be fucked with it any more

Smc, you do a great job mate.

From what I have gathered in this thread and others (please correct me if I am wrong) is that it is not fair for only one person to moderate the forum. There are a lot of posts/threads in this forum and I think the general feel is that one person can not read every post and manage to moderate.

You do a fantastic job.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2009 01:15 by BristolRovers.)
01-03-2009 01:00
Shandy Offline

I'm with Anon, SMC, you do a wicked job, i think you and admin don't get enough thanks for the work you put in mate. Its alot of work for the 2 of you and to be honest, the fact you've made it this long is amazing, you're a great fella, very diplomatic and don't give up fella.
01-03-2009 01:08
BigChuck Offline
"computeramabob.....simples"

I've kept out of all the threads recently about moderating etc, i don't feel I've been here long enough to see the bigger picture.

but i honestly cant see how admin and Sm© can effectively moderate a forum this size i think the site has increased in size to a point where it needs more moderators.

don't get me wrong i think they've done great, but i think the must be putting a hell of a lot of time into it.

i admin on another site, not a forum but a league site, i spend a fair bit of time updating stuff and gathering info so i can say from my own experience there is too much work on here for two people.

Another thing modding a forum is a thankless task, the amount of hassle it is is unreal,and as this place grows its only going to get worse, so I'd like to personally thank admin and Sm© for the time and effort they put in.

I molested myself last night, i tried to say no, but i knew i wanted it.

like a ninja....
01-03-2009 01:44
HEX!T Away
Retired

lol at this. tighter moderation indeed. the only reason things are getting a little stroppy here is certain members are being allowed to ride ruffshot over the forum...

members being told not to post if they dont agree, have cirtacisms or jumping on memebers for expressing an opinion and then trying to shut them down.

this is bound to wind the victims of this little clique up and make them post even more obnoxious posts in the future.
its the admins who say what can and cant be posted not members.
put these guys in check and you will solve a big part of the problem.

also picking moderators who arnt impatial and who are overly opinionated in the forums aint a good move eather. this will lead to undue complaints or undeserved bans.

smc is a good choice, he posts his caps has a laugh but dosent get involved with the petty scraps that go on. so please admin pick the guys who show the qualitys above, dont just pick people on the grounds they seem nice or have a huge amount of posts.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2009 10:59 by HEX!T.)
01-03-2009 10:48
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Thanks for your opinion/s Hexit.

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
01-03-2009 11:01
HEX!T Away
Retired

*not being liky here eather, but my recomendations for mods would be.

shiney helmet
anonimity
dreamlander
kalel78

all have shown that they respect (even my) opinions even if they dont agree with em, and shown that they have good forum manners.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2009 11:20 by HEX!T.)
01-03-2009 11:12
DrGrumpyPants Away
Account closed

Hexit I have never said members cant post

i was merely saying why do people who never watch daytime shows feel they have a right to comment on daytime shows. if you actually and who are the members being allowed to rid roughshot over other members. i think its in your mind that me and shandy are out to take over the forum.

hexit i would encourage you to come chat with us in the chatroom and see what we discuss in there. you may find we are not
knights in shining armour as you think we are.

Hexit Wrote:lol at this. tighter moderation indeed. the only reason things are getting a little stroppy here is certain members are being allowed to ride ruffshot over the forum...

members being told not to post if they dont agree, have cirtacisms or jumping on memebers for expressing an opinion and then trying to shut them down.

this is bound to wind the victims of this little clique up and make them post even more obnoxious posts in the future.
its the admins who say what can and cant be posted not members.
put these guys in check and you will solve a big part of the problem.

also picking moderators who arnt impatial and who are overly opinionated in the forums aint a good move eather. this will lead to undue complaints or undeserved bans.

smc is a good choice, he posts his caps has a laugh but dosent get involved with the petty scraps that go on. so please admin pick the guys who show the qualitys above, dont just pick people on the grounds they seem nice or have a huge amount of posts.
01-03-2009 11:29
HEX!T Away
Retired

who mentiond you?. i didnt name names now did i. and neather am i gona bother getting into a he said she said...
my opinion is there, and members can go look and see for themselfs who these guys are if they dont already know.

01-03-2009 11:42
Thread Closed