Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average

eUrotic Dayshow On Sky - Chat & Discussion

Digital Dave Away
Retired

RE: eUrotic on Sky chat & discussion
Thanks for the info mr mystery. Back to the drawing board!

You could well be right in the fact that Eurotic may take over the airtime of an existing channel, however there's nothing in the epg for the next week that reflects that, and Stan The Man (in the know) seemed to think they'd be starting tomorrow.

Also, if Eurotic were to take over the daytime slot of an existing channel the only space available is on channels that require a viewing card, so Eurotic would end up being Free To View and not FTA, just like the two channels you mentioned.
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2012 22:27 by Digital Dave.)
18-03-2012 22:20
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(18-03-2012 22:20 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Thanks for the info mr mystery. Back to the drawing board!

You could well be right in the fact that Eurotic may take over the airtime of an existing channel, however there's nothing in the epg for the next week that reflects that, and Stan The Man (in the know) seemed to think they'd be starting tomorrow.

Also, if Eurotic were to take over the daytime slot of an existing channel the only space available is on channels that require a viewing card, so Eurotic would end up being Free To View and not FTA.

Yes i've just been checking the EPG for next week of all the 900 channels and nothing is shown concerning eUrotic on any of them . I've just taken my viewing card out to see what channels can be viewed with out a card in the 900 section that are currently not showing live babe channels , Ch 951 is a Playboy owned channel and doesn't require a card , Ch 921 and 933 are TVX/Red Hot owned channels (i think) and don't require a viewing card either , so i suppose any of these channels could be used to broadcast eUrotic from if they want to keep it free to air and not transmit on channels that go encrypted at night , these channels just show adverts at present for various services . eUrotic could still be getting their own channel though , when i scanned for channels using various frequency's some just come up as various digits , these digits usually change to the channel name just before the channels are due to broadcast on the Sky EPG .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2012 23:48 by mr mystery.)
18-03-2012 22:45
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

With regards to the nightshow I still think the way to get round Ofcom in the interm if they are denied the right to show it FTA for Ofcom's fear of it causing harm and offence (what a load of fucking bullshit) is to be still able to offer it and they they could charge a off off connection fee to have it unscrambled. Not all that much money but just a way of proving age verification. Eurotic TV has been a success now since 2004 and I'm sure they'll be getting their heads round this problem which suits all parties. Personally speaking I don't watch day show's, never have and never will. It's like paying to see a stripper that doesn't strip, just my opinion. But yes their is ways round Ofcom for Eurotic TV that won't be breaking any of the rules Cool
18-03-2012 23:08
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(18-03-2012 20:24 )Digital Dave Wrote:  I hooked up my fta satellite receiver to the Sky dish this afternoon to see if I could find any test signals which might be Eurotic.

The only thing I found that's a possibility is a channel labelled 'Babeworld' - even though Babeworld is no longer with us the label signifies that it could be a babe channel (clutching at straws!).

At the moment it's broadcasting a testcard, which is an encouraging sign:

11343 V
2/3

Anyone else had any luck?

I joined Digital Spy to ask for possible frequencies. So far all I've had, specific to possible frequencies, is this:

Quote:What about "50495" (currently hidden from digiboxes) on 11.546 | H | 27.5 | 3/4, could this be a possibility?

I've checked that fequency and about a dozen channels come up, none ogf them with the title '50495' so I don't know which he's refering to.
19-03-2012 03:17
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

After searching for screencaps of the Eurotic nightshow and finally being able to see the content of their nightshow, I agree with Stan and have got it wrong because there is no way that Eurotic would be able to get away with broadcasting their nightshow in this country foreign license or not. We may eventually get a night show, but I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future. So, they'll most likely be using a channel that goes encrypted at 10pm like Chatgirl and Asian babes do.[/i]

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 15:16 by SYBORG666.)
19-03-2012 12:20
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

As I have pointed out Syborg, there is several options available for Eurotic TV to broadcast the night show. A very cheap connection fee I think is a good possibilty. I doubt any of the UK ones would consider this option based on the fact they could possibly lose valued customers. However for me Eurotic really has nothing to lose and infact a lot to gain. Eurotic as we know fine well probably won't be able to simply broadcast the nightshow without some sort of encrpytion. I've yet to see this channel launch yet so the speculation will go on I guess. But like other's have allready pointed out it will not change it's format to suit Ofcom and neither will they provide a separate feed either as they allready have a customer base on the Astra1/Hotbird feed. But to just simply shut the door on the nightshow would be very bad business on their part. Also worth noting is that this channel can be picked up in the most repressive countrys, worse than ours such as Iran on the Hotbird feed. But Ofcom do state that you can show this type of show so long as it is encrpted in some format. Lena live and Babestation Xtreme are 2 perfect examples of this. However I'll be damed if I have to fork out £5 or so every night just to see the nightshow which is FTA on the other satelites. So I am purely speculating here but Eurotic could indeed have their own separate 24/7 feed on one of the SKY Channels with a basic sign up connection fee to prove age verification and this will not breach any of the Ofcom rules that are currently in place. I want the nightshow on the big screen as I'm fed up having to watch the crappy webstream night after night. So rather than certain forum members just dismissing the idea of a nightshow alltogether I think our attention would be better focused on some kind of positive solution instead.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 20:19 by Scottishbloke.)
19-03-2012 19:49
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

The connection fee is a non starter, SB. The current people behind eUrotic have gradually built up a reputation for not caring one iota what their viewers want. They're in quicksand, both financially and imaginatively, and continue to produce boring and unimaginative shows despite their viewers continually telling them it's not what they want.

I'm no expert, but I imagine setting up a procedure for a one-off fee would be both time consuming and expensive.

There's a big difference between being negative and being realistic, and as much as you don't want to, you simply have to face facts.

If eUrotic ever get their show up and running on Sky, it's going to be their dayshow and nothing more.
19-03-2012 21:40
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well obviously I don't agree with you on that one Stan, we live in a technological world and I hardly think a one off fee is going to be time consuming or expensive, if Eurotic mean business by offering us choice and deversity then it will just totally contradict's everything they hope to offer us, let's be honest the majority on this forum are interested mainly in the night show's and that's the bottom line, there is ways round this which is cost effective, I mean if they can do a live webstream then there is no reason at all why they can't do similar when in comes to the TV coverage, the expensive part of settting up the signal on the Astra 2 signal has allready been undertaken and the only thing now like I said is to work around the censor's, this is not an unrealistic expectation to have at all and to say otherwise holds no water.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 21:55 by Scottishbloke.)
19-03-2012 21:52
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(19-03-2012 21:52 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  ... this is not an unrealistic expectation to have at all and to say otherwise holds no water.

It's a nice idea, but if the 'encrypted feed with a one-off connection fee' was so cheap and easy to setup, then why has no other channel gone this route already? Why have they been paying fine after fine to Ofcom, and then taming their shows rather than set this system up?

I think the fact no-one else has done it tells it's own story.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
19-03-2012 22:42
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Have I not allready explained my point allready, let put it simple for the last time !!!!!!!!!!! The UK Babe Channels are not going down this route because of fear of losing customers such as the casual viewer. Secondly Eurotic TV is not going to tone down their nightshow to suit those at Ofcom thus cannot then broadcast the content unless it is in an encrpted format, so as I have said and will say again for the last time Eurotic TV has nothing to lose by finding a way round Ofcom restrictions for us SKY viewers wherea's the like's of the UK based ones obviously would. I am trying to find a solution to this and it really isn't helping matters much to read through so many cynical posters who have allready admitted defeat, I haven't and I firmly believe again that I see no reason why this cannot be achieved.
19-03-2012 23:17