Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average

eUrotic Dayshow On Sky - Chat & Discussion

aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

RE: eUrotic on Sky chat & discussion
(19-03-2012 22:42 )munch1917 Wrote:  
(19-03-2012 21:52 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  ... this is not an unrealistic expectation to have at all and to say otherwise holds no water.

It's a nice idea, but if the 'encrypted feed with a one-off connection fee' was so cheap and easy to setup, then why has no other channel gone this route already? Why have they been paying fine after fine to Ofcom, and then taming their shows rather than set this system up?

I think the fact no-one else has done it tells it's own story.

munch

The reason it's not done, is because it's not cheap to do. Sky charge for the use of the encryption. And they also charge a minimum £10 connection fee to activate the card. If a channel was going to do that, it would have to charge you per month just to cover the costs, and probably have to put up the call charges as well.

Not a viable option for a babe channel.
19-03-2012 23:24
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

As much as I appreciate and agree with SB's post on the matter of Ofcom generally, I really do think we're wasting our breath here. Where we see the impracticalities and implausibilities of his suggestions, he simply sees negativity.

As I said in my last post, and what seems to have gone right over his head, is that eUrotic are hoping to make quick, easy money with this venture. Like every other babe channel, they do not have our interests at heart and are not about to go setting up expensive and time-consuming PPV procedures just so that Sky viewers can enjoy the nightshow, partly because of the reasons I've just given, but mainly because eUrotic is available free, 24-7, to anyone with an internet connection.
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 01:00 by StanTheMan.)
20-03-2012 00:57
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

Well still no sign of eUrotiv TV on Sky yet but i've just noticed that they have just launched a new website http://www.etvshow.com , i've just checked it out and when you click on "TV Live" you now get the option of 2 different feeds , you get a German feed option and a Hotbird feed option , so which one will Sky get ?, also if they are showing 2 different feeds for the night shows then i suppose it would be possible to use one feed for broadcasting a Sky night show at some point in the future and keep it Ofcom friendly while showing the usual eUrotic content on the other feed

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 20:44 by mr mystery.)
20-03-2012 20:12
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes great new website, just had a look, so from what has started out as just an announcement has turned into a very hot thread. So one thing that has been common throughout all the posts is the varying opinions and different outcomes into what shape or format the show will take on SKY. We have yet to hear any further updates from the channel rep so the specuation is neverending. I have also went through all various types of frequency scans but as such have also found no results yet. The demand for the nightshow is really high with a lot of us going through all the different loopholes to get around the Ofcom question which some forum members have either agreed with or not. Stan seems to have some inside knowledge but has not revealed his source. What we need is for the channel rep to now come on this forum to outline their plans for the present and the future because I think we have now exhausted every possible scenario and outcome. I want the nightshow desperately as I do not have the means as yet to recieve an Astra/Hotbird satelite feed. It's now Tuesday and still this show has yet to launch leading to further speculation as to the delay, maybe they are at present still negotiating about the possibilty of bringing the nightshow to SKY. I certainly hope this is the case as the rest would have serious competition and would no doubt up their game. This could be the start of a bright new era. 2012 I think we're long overdue for change and for Ofcom to throw the current rulebook away so that Eurotic can freely broadcast 24/7 on the UK SKY EPG.
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 20:43 by Scottishbloke.)
20-03-2012 20:40
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(20-03-2012 20:12 )mr mystery Wrote:  Well still no sign of eUrotiv TV on Sky yet but i've just noticed that they have just launched a new website http://www.etvshow.com , i've just checked it out and when you click on "TV Live" you now get the option of 2 different feeds...

Good find, MM, and I have to agree the two feed option makes me curious. I've just checked the two feeds, though, and there didn't seem to be any difference. I shall try and find out what's what there.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 00:28 by StanTheMan.)
21-03-2012 00:27
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(20-03-2012 20:12 )mr mystery Wrote:  Well still no sign of eUrotiv TV on Sky yet but i've just noticed that they have just launched a new website http://www.etvshow.com , i've just checked it out and when you click on "TV Live" you now get the option of 2 different feeds...

Right, the two feeds give exactly the same show, it's just that the 'German feed' is the Astra feed, the 'Hotbird feed' is the Hotbird feed. Also, the messages that appear on screen are in two different languages.
21-03-2012 14:34
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(16-03-2012 19:23 )ETV Wrote:  Hi Everyone,
ETV Show will hopefully launch on Sky's EPG next week.
We are very excited about this and we hope that we will contribute greatly towards more choice and diversity on the platform. Those of you familiar with our current programming know that we do things a bit differently and we are sure that we have lots to offer to all UK viewers.
We will keep you posted with updates once we know more for certain!
Have a great weekend,
ETV Show

Hello eUrotic, any chance of an update? The anticipation's killing me! Smile
21-03-2012 16:05
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

This is GREAT news ETV

A very warm welcome to the UKBig Grin
21-03-2012 20:44
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(21-03-2012 20:44 )continental19 Wrote:  This is GREAT news ETV

A very warm welcome to the UKBig Grin

Hang on there, continental, they haven't arrived yet - many of us are beginning to wonder if they ever will.
21-03-2012 22:04
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

6 minutes and 37 seconds that's how long the ETV Rep has been online on this forum with just the one solitary post brings me to the conclusion that this might just be part of an elabarate wind up, BTW it's not April 1st yet which would have been more appropriate although also too obvious for us to believe. We have been speculating about this channel yet have heard nothing more. I'm of the opinion now of I'll see it when I believe it and will make no further comment until this channel does become reality if it ever does. Wednesday now and absolutely nothing, sweet fuck all on any updates, hmm I thought the very notion of this channel coming to SKY TV in the first place was maybe a bit too far fetched bladewave
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 22:29 by Scottishbloke.)
21-03-2012 22:27