Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[split] Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(10-01-2014 15:15 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  I think it would be a good thing if the forum encouraged members to make a declaration of any freebies that they had received from the channels along with any conditions attached to them.
That way it's all open and above board and people can judge accordingly.

Why the need to disclose it? Anyone who's going to attach conspiracy theories to something isn't going to accept any explanation given as being true.

As far as I was aware, people were given elite website accounts as a thank you for their work in regards to the Elite Hall of Fame section, not as a sweetener for forum approval etc. Not once was I ever told to post in a certain manner or vote for specific girls in polls etc.

The only discussion I ever had with Jamie in regards to the forum polls involved him stating that he never really gave them much thought as they're not that important at the end of the day. It's not like a fan of a girl is going to stop phoning her on the shows because she got knocked out in the first round of a poll and so he must like the wrong girl as his fave doesn't meet forumwide approval. They're an irrelevance, a pastime, a distraction. The only company who could conceivably want to influence the outcome of babe polls are cellcast, since they are actually giving 'prizes' to winners of the forum awards, and so may want a bit of credit to come their way in recompense in the shape of one of their girls winning a poll. Other than that, who is really going to worry about the outcome of them?!?!?

Elvis really is dead people! Time to put the conspiracy theories to one side, take off the tinfoil hats and let your head breathe to allow your brains to cool
Wink

10-01-2014 19:18
Find all posts by this user
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

I think this sort of STD 66 skulduggery is very serious, maybe questions should be asked in the house of commons concerning this matter and a investigation set up and forum members questioned about these freebies , it's seems to be a similar sort of scenario as the cash for questions thingy lol .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
10-01-2014 19:30
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(10-01-2014 19:30 )mr mystery Wrote:  I think this sort of STD 66 skulduggery is very serious, maybe questions should be asked in the house of commons concerning this matter and a investigation set up and forum members questioned about these freebies , it's seems to be a similar sort of scenario as the cash for questions thingy lol .

Indeed.

Also, I have it on good authority that Jamie added insult to injury by referring to those who didn't like Studio 66 as 'plebs'. Completely unacceptable.
10-01-2014 21:02
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(10-01-2014 19:18 )Sooky™ Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 15:15 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  I think it would be a good thing if the forum encouraged members to make a declaration of any freebies that they had received from the channels along with any conditions attached to them.
That way it's all open and above board and people can judge accordingly.

Why the need to disclose it? Anyone who's going to attach conspiracy theories to something isn't going to accept any explanation given as being true.

As far as I was aware, people were given elite website accounts as a thank you for their work in regards to the Elite Hall of Fame section, not as a sweetener for forum approval etc. Not once was I ever told to post in a certain manner or vote for specific girls in polls etc.

The only discussion I ever had with Jamie in regards to the forum polls involved him stating that he never really gave them much thought as they're not that important at the end of the day. It's not like a fan of a girl is going to stop phoning her on the shows because she got knocked out in the first round of a poll and so he must like the wrong girl as his fave doesn't meet forumwide approval. They're an irrelevance, a pastime, a distraction. The only company who could conceivably want to influence the outcome of babe polls are cellcast, since they are actually giving 'prizes' to winners of the forum awards, and so may want a bit of credit to come their way in recompense in the shape of one of their girls winning a poll. Other than that, who is really going to worry about the outcome of them?!?!?

Elvis really is dead people! Time to put the conspiracy theories to one side, take off the tinfoil hats and let your head breathe to allow your brains to cool
Wink

"Why the need to disclose it?"

I thought it was dead obvious.

If someone is accepting benefits (Hundreds of pounds worth?) from a channel then others may think that it's possible that they may be less critical of that channel and more critical of it's competitors, even more so if it's not common knowledge and only leaks out at a later date.
On a forum like this that's good knowledge to have and I'm assuming that's one reason why company reps have their own user name colour.

Regarding the forum awards, at least the winners and the prizes they received are posted on the forum and members can judge whether or not they're supping the Cellcast Kool-Aid.

I don't think any of that makes me a hot-brained, stuffy headed conspiracy theorist but if the tinfoil hat fits I'll happily wear it. Wink

10-01-2014 22:09
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

o/ I don't care too much for money
Money can't buy me love
o/

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
10-01-2014 22:36
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(10-01-2014 22:09 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  If someone is accepting benefits (Hundreds of pounds worth?) from a channel then others may think that it's possible that they may be less critical of that channel and more critical of it's competitors

Where's the proof that anybody was given conditions for their freebies? Why does it matter? Are people's opinions of things so insecure that they need to be led by other peoples opinions ('bought' by freebies or not)?

If it was the case that people were given freebies purely on the proviso that they had to post purely positively on all things Elite/Studio 66 then it didn't exactly have any forum wide impact as those that like the channel still like the channel, those that don't still don't.

People have often commented on here that the companies should sometimes give something back to the viewers, yet when a company does it's seen as something terrible. Do we have to declare how many nectar points we've earned if we want to express an opinion on Sainsbury's? People need to stop taking this shit so seriously. Use the channels for what they're there for, have a wank and relax.

11-01-2014 00:01
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

Email i got in reply to a Facebook comment i made wondering why Elite girls always got to the finals of "Babe of the year" Dec 2010...

[Image: image-9C92_52D08774.jpg]

Sorry i cant post the whole conversation, my Facebook got deleted a few months later bladewave Big Grin Cool
11-01-2014 01:02
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(11-01-2014 01:02 )Sm© Wrote:  [see above post]

And where exactly in all that does it state what you put?
Sm© Wrote:Elite were bribing people to promote their shows and make sure their girls threads on here had more views than girls from other channels.

Also they had to vote for the Elite girls in all of the end of year polls.

Also, that could relate to anything as, other than your word for what it's in reference to, there's nothing stating what it's about. There are any number of ways the term "free website passes" could be interpreted on here.
Besides, since when were you taking tsu's word for things? Wink

If you're gonna start quoting tsu on things, then how about this quote:
[source]
(31-03-2011 17:46 )tsurugi Wrote:  Elite already have enough planks working for them without adding donna duke to the mix. The babes you consider to be "elite" is quite shocking rammy, who you going to suggest next next busty cookie or patti???? Bounce

Referring to the girls as "planks" is hardly the posting of someone who was supposedly 'bribed' to only post positively about the brand Rolleyes

11-01-2014 04:07
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Here's another tsu quote to add to the collection: [source]

(07-03-2012 15:40 )tsurugi Wrote:  Joseph Kony is nothing compared to jamie! Abducting 30,000 children from their families, forcing young boys to murder their parents and become child soldiers and the girls to work as sex slaves is nothing when compared to making someone wait for a phone wank someone needs to stop this monster before its too late bladewave

It's like everything he says is based solidly on fact and in no way baseless throwaway comments......and that's surely as resounding a pro Elite post you're ever going to see bladewave

11-01-2014 04:17
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

If its a load of horse shit and doesn't matter then why are you yourself posting comment on it?
Maybe your sick of hearing it?
Maybe others are sick of being attacked if they dare post an honest studio negativity? Its fucking weird to say the least.
Also for any legitimate paying studio member's, this would surely be a complete piss take?
11-01-2014 04:37
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66