gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[non] RIP Forum Style

slash Offline
Senior Poster

RE: [non] RIP Forum Style
Same goes Forum Style! I've been silently admiring your posts, and recently come to learn of your illness. Like many have said, I hope you stay strong and fight all the way. Modern Medicine and science are truly amazing these days and hopefully there will be something available in the near future to help battle this. All the best mate!

The only thing better than waking up to Caitlin Wynters is waking up beside Caitlin Wynters!
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 02:32 by slash.)
27-03-2017 02:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

Echoing the sentiments of the other members. Stay strong FS, we're all thinking of you. Hope all goes well.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
27-03-2017 03:14
terence Offline

my 2 pennies worth, your gonna die. i just hope it's as painless as possible. nobody know's how they will meet there maker. for me, i just hope i have some dignity!

stay strong mate.

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
27-03-2017 03:44
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Hard to know what to say.
I hope that you can draw a little warmth, comfort and support from us all here.
You have my sincerest best wishes and you are in our thoughts.
All the very best FS.

27-03-2017 06:49
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(27-03-2017 03:44 )terence Wrote:  my 2 p pennies worth, your gonna die. i just hope it's as painless as possible. nobody know's how they will meet there maker. for me, i just hope i have some dignity!

stay strong mate.

"You're" and "their" (I may be a 'dead-man walking' but I am definitely still a grammar nazi!)

(27-03-2017 06:49 )snookered147 Wrote:  I hope that you can draw a little warmth, comfort and support from us all here.

Trust me, I do. Parkinson's disease is not a terminal condition, so as long I make sure that if I think I have an infection I go to my doctor immediately then I should be ok, even if speaking this slowly and choking on my food all the time isn't exactly the kind of life I imagined for myself. But believe me, I know it could be a lot worse.
27-03-2017 17:52
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

My heart goes out to you dude, my dad had that shit disease for 9 years before it finally did for him last year by weakening him to the point where pneumonia got him, just like you he never had the shaking,
Advice I would give is try to do a lot of exercise as once your muscles go they will not come back,
It's not all bleak mate dad still did a lot with it and was not until the last year it cought up with him,
Best of luck and don't let it beat you

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
27-03-2017 18:36
slash Offline
Senior Poster

Just Checking in to see how you are getting on mate. Not seen or heard from you in a while. Hope all is well!!!

The only thing better than waking up to Caitlin Wynters is waking up beside Caitlin Wynters!
28-05-2017 01:28
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Apologies for the delayed reply, I don't sign in to the forum that often and I must have missed your post.

I'm ok. I finally have an appointment for my DatScan - 15th June. At least I'll find out what I have. I'm kinda torn about it because it's been reassuring to put a name to it these last few months but if it is Parkinson's Disease then that's pretty much me talking slowly, falling over and choking on my food and drink for the rest of my life. But if it's not Parkinson's then I'm right back where I was three years ago, having no idea what I've got and starting the testing procedure again. It's a tricky call.

As for how I am? I don't think my speech could get much slower but it's a lot harder to talk than before. My voice is raspier than it was and I have to breathe between individual words, which tires me out. The right-hand side of my body is getting slower all the time, my hand and leg especially. I've given up trying to write and I type with my left hand only these days. My wife has called the occupational therapist to make some much needed changes to our house - because the hand rail beside our front steps are on the right-hand side, so I have difficulty gripping them.

But I'm coping ok with all this. After the week that Manchester and London have had, it puts it in perspective. Even though I think I'm dealing with a few upsetting things, I know things could be a lot worse. No plans yet to return to video posting yet. I'll get the scan done and see how the results play out. #Peace.
05-06-2017 00:09
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

I had my DatScan on the 15th of June. It went well, apart from the flies being attracted to me because I was radioactive for 24 hours! I have the "results" now - it's not Parkinson's Disease or any similar type of condition. The neurologist I saw back in February will contact me to let me know what my options are and how to proceed. I'm still not sure what to think about it because the list of symptoms of Parkinson's reads like a breakdown of the last four years of my life. But I'm definitely relieved that it's not Parkinson's, because that gives me a glimmer of hope that I might get better at some point and talk normally again one day - even though it's all been downhill for the last three years.

I'll be honest, at this point in time I don't think I'll ever return to video posting on the forum. I'll keep my options open for now but as time passes it seems more and more unlikely. But as I have said before, the forum will survive without me and the excellent work of the cappers and vid posters will continue for many years. Thanks again for your support. Cheers, FS.
14-07-2017 05:04
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(14-07-2017 05:04 )Forum Style Wrote:  I'll be honest, at this point in time I don't think I'll ever return to video posting on the forum.
I think we'd all just rather you were alive and healthy again. Seems crazy that this thread alone is almost 3 years old, and the problem obviously stretches back beyond that, and you're still looking for answers! Sad

I know someone who had her first MS attack in May, but they can't call it MS until she's had another incident. Such is medicine Rolleyes

Keep fighting, FS Important

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
14-07-2017 07:31

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles