gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[non] RIP Forum Style

Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

RE: RIP Forum Style
Guys this is fantastic, we all bitch and moan but when push comes to shove, we're as one which is great, let's hope we hear some good feedback Smile
23-07-2014 22:17
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Best of luck with the scan, hope it goes well for you.
23-07-2014 22:40
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

Think everyone has said everything so Good luck and hope everything is fine for you.
23-07-2014 23:23
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Firstly, thanks to anyone who posted or thanked - it means a lot to me.

I saw the neurologist earlier today, although I will have to wait a couple of weeks to get my 3rd MRI scan to date - which surprised me a little. He tested my balance and my reflexes, which were all good, and asked me a lot of questions to which I seemed to give positive answers. To cut a long story short(ish), he thinks that the Methotrexate I inject to combat my rheumatoid arthritis (I am registered disabled) has caused a swelling in my brain which is causing this speech abnormality. If the scan doesn't show up any obvious causes then he'll refer me to the neurology department in Edinburgh.

But he reassured me that, based on the appointment today, I shouldn't be too concerned. Plus, it gives my slightly evil wife plenty more opportunities to do her "retarded" impersonation of the way I currently talk. When I get the scan appointment, and subsequent results, I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, it's nice to see that (sometimes) this forum can come together for a positive reason. I hope that this sense of understanding and positivity could be extended a bit more often around the open forum, as well as being applied to the presenters themselves - who also have real lives and real problems to deal with.
23-07-2014 23:41
RatedR Offline
Bend the Rules

I'm sorry I missed the boat on this, but it's good to read that the experts are confident that there shouldn't too much concern. I hope everything goes well for you in the coming months Smile

I've always enjoyed your comments, atop your cap and video posts, and can see you have a great attitude in general. I also fully support your attitude to the forum, it's members and the models themselves.

To put it simply; you're a top guy, and I echo everyones kind words.

Ohh yes! It's good to be bad
24-07-2014 15:46
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

Great news mate!! All positive stuffWink Good to get things straight with doctors, and know what's going on. Oh and next time the wife mocks you, give her a box of chocolate's, and shame the bitch lol Rolleyes
24-07-2014 15:57
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Is this where we start mocking now? Wink

Seriously though, glad it doesn't seem nearly as bad as you feared.
27-07-2014 09:25
Block Offline
Nip Slip For the Win

As i haven't been visiting this forum as often as i had i missed this news. Blush

I am so glad that the outcome wasn't as bad as you originally feared.
I've enjoyed all your posts and your positive contributions to this forum.
You have posted some great vids on here mate.

Hope you still get the time to watch the channels and make some posts.
I wish you all the best in the future and you can remain healthy.

On the plus side also this thread has restored a lot of my faith in this forum. Big Grin
27-07-2014 09:36
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Finally got my scan appointment through, 21st August. Going to try to get it moved to later that day because 9.25am doesn't really work - not with over an hour's journey before we get there. And it's on my injection day. AND my wife is working. You won't find a bigger fan of the NHS than me but man they have accidentally screwed me over with this scan.

(23-07-2014 14:38 )percpint Wrote:  I found the MRI scan to be boring and painless, just didn't like the radiographers choice of music!!

Ah the voice of experience! When I had my first scan [about 2 years ago] she gave me a choice of Rock or Classical. I went for classical, hoping for something light like Vivaldi or Bach. B*tch blasted Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner at me. Deafened me! This time I'm going to take a Justin Bieber cd and go to my 'unhappy as f*ck' place.

I will let you guys know if they find anything of significance - my brain should pass by unnoticed tbh. Cheers.
05-08-2014 09:15
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I've just noticed this Thread so if I could just echo the same sentiments as the rest of the forum members and offer you my sincere best wishes to yourself and your family and hope that you make a full recovery.

I'd also just like to also say how sad it is to hear that a fellow member is not in the best way healthwise as I also like to think of this place as a sort of virtual family and I offer you my full support in your hour of need.
11-08-2014 20:52

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles