gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[non] RIP Forum Style

Block Offline
Nip Slip For the Win

RE: RIP Forum Style
There are an elite members of this forum that bind this community together (which i consider forum style to be very much a part of).
They contribute greatly. They give to this community greatly without asking anything in return.
There are people on here that will snipe at each other and will take cheap pop shots that aren't called for.
I for one are grateful for your contributions along with other long term contributors.
I hope your health will get better and you can continue to contribute to this forum.
Good luck in the future. Smile
08-09-2014 20:03
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(08-09-2014 17:51 )skully Wrote:  I actually took a deep breath before clicking on the thread...

I know what you mean. To be honest, it feels like I've been holding my breath for the last four months.

(08-09-2014 19:53 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  ...as I've been very impressed with the courageous attitude you have shown throughout which must be a very traumatic ordeal for you and your family to be going through.

Thanks, I'll admit it's not been easy. What with my Mum nearly dying recently and my wife's Dad has just come out of hospital after cancer surgery, it's been a tough time for us. I know I've ragged on my wife in this thread but she's been amazing. I can say this with some certainty - if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here now. But hopefully this is the start of better times.
08-09-2014 23:24
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Good luck with the treatment.

Being able to see a way forward now, will help almost as much as the treatment itself Smile
12-09-2014 12:06
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

5 months after first bringing it to a doctor's attention, I have finally got an appointment to discuss how best to treat this cyst. Monday 3rd November.

Especially seeing as this was pretty much my last chance to get it sorted by Christmas - not that I've any guarantees that it will be of course. I must admit, I really wasn't looking forward to the idea of 'entertaining' and having family/friends stay over for Christmas if I can't even string a meaningful sentence together. This might sound arrogant but I've always considered myself someone who can think fast and talk fast - which is why it's been so unnerving to feel like you're talking in slow-motion. It's weird how tiring it is to talk when you have to concentrate on every single syllable to make sure you're not talking utter garbage or dribbling out the corner of your mouth. Now I'll just have to hope that the treatment is as non-invasive as possible. Personally, I'm going with being stood on by a hot babe in high heels. #fingerscrossed I'll let you know how it goes.
21-10-2014 03:14
little gimp Offline
Posting Machine

I've just seen this thread and read through it, not every single word because I'm a lazy git, anyway I just wanted to send you some more good wishes along with all the other good wishes, I'm sure you'll beat this as you've had a lot of practice at beating things lol seriously though Good Luck!
21-10-2014 05:19
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well I have my fingers crossed for you as I'm sure everybody else on this forum does that the cyst you have is treatable. This would no doubt be the perfect Christmas present that you could wish for.

Modern medicine and treatments have made terrific leaps forward in the past 2 decades. I sincerely hope that you make a full recovery and are able to look forward to 2015 with hope and optimism.

I pass on my kind regards to yourself and your entire family and anybody else that is close to you aswell as the rest of us who know you from your time on this forum.
21-10-2014 19:25
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

I genuinely don't know what to say after my neurology appointment on Monday, which is why I've said nothing thus far.

He started by saying that we don't know what I've got yet [???] so I asked him about the letter I received saying I had a cyst and he said that, on reflection, the results were inconclusive and required further testing. He also said that, because they're so busy up in the Edinburgh neurology department that I might not get an appointment for at least 3 months.

So, rather than moving forwards and deciding on an appropriate treatment plan, I'm going to be stuck talking like a fucking retard over Christmas and into the New Year. To say I'm frustrated by this turn of events would be an understatement. Stupidly, the worst thing about this is that I've got a lot of people who were waiting to hear what the decision was about the treatment - which means that everyone I tell about it, in my mind at least, probably thinks that I'm either a liar or a dickhead.

Ah well, stay tuned to this thread in February for breaking news about electrodes zapping me and "doctors" sticking needles in me. Can't fucking wait.
05-11-2014 02:29
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Thanks for all the support, as always. I'm sure you're getting as pissed off hearing about my problems as I am so I'm going to get Skully to close thread until I have further news.
05-11-2014 18:18
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

If I didn't know what to say after my neurology appointment in early November last year, I definitely have an idea what to say after my latest appointment in Edinburgh yesterday. And none of it is very nice. The consultant performed the EMG/NCV test that was scheduled and afterwards told me that, in his opinion, it isn't a problem with my central nervous system. I told him that we knew that and I mentioned about the letter that I had received from the neurologist in Dumfries that it was a subependymal cyst on my brain and that he even stated the dimensions and shape of the cyst. He said that, knowing this information, my appointment yesterday should have been cancelled and that I have wasted the last seven months of my life talking like a fucking [idiot] waiting for an appointment that I didn't need.

I am not going to be a fucking doormat anymore. To anyone. Things are going to fucking change around here.

#TheNiceGuyIsDead #LongLiveForumStyle
02-06-2015 15:42
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

^ WTF Surprised
That is appalling. What on earth have they all been playing at all this time? bladewave.
It is a shocking state of affairs that the welfare of a patient can be needlessly affected in such a fashion. Ludicrous incompetence and what seems like a reprehensible failure in professional communication.
A formal complaint is definitely in order me thinks.
It goes without saying I bid you my best wishes.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 15:55 by Snooks.)
02-06-2015 15:54

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles