gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[non] RIP Forum Style

misterG Offline
Senior Poster

RE: RIP Forum Style
Really sorry to hear that mate but Keep Fighting!! you can beat it and their incompetence!
02-06-2015 16:13
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skully Offline

Long live Forum Style!

Yeah, this is a shitty situation and one you shouldn't have had to deal with mate. The interdepartmental communication is fucking abysmal these days, you'd think a patient file would always be kept up to date so that these things don't happen. I know people that have had to have a doctor chase up files because the muppets at another hospital hadn't forwarded them on, ridiculous. Sloppy admin is a big problem, and if it causes delays, it's fucked up.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
02-06-2015 17:15
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well I sincerely hope that they are able to successfully perform an operation in order that they can remove the cyst so that your nightmare can end to then go on to make a full recovery.

I pass on my kind regards to yourself, your family and all that know you as always and I really hope that by the end of this year you might be able to post some good news. We'll all routing for you on this forum.
03-06-2015 02:02
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Hopefully I'll finally find out what my treatment is going to be tomorrow [Monday.] As far as I know, all options are still possible - but only because so far no one has discussed with me what those options are. I'm as clueless as I was 15 months ago when I first brought it to my Doctor's attention, which surely can't be right thesedays? I'm hoping for something uninvasive [ie. people not sticking things into my brain] but after all this time I'm not so sure anymore. I would say that I'm coping well with the stress that this is causing me but, seeing as I haven't spoken a word in the last week, even I don't believe that. Life-changing decisions don't get much more obvious than this. Wish me luck. [to yourself, if you prefer.]
14-06-2015 14:30
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow mate, I really hope that you get all the right answers this time. It would be great news if you could go on to make a full recovery as this huge burden that you carry must be torture for you. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones as always.
14-06-2015 22:48
FC Bare Arselona Offline
Celtic & Barcelona fan

All the best to you mate. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
14-06-2015 22:54
misterG Offline
Senior Poster

good luck mate - hope this is where things start getting better for you
14-06-2015 23:13
little gimp Offline
Posting Machine

The very best of luck to you FS I'll keep everything crossed for you!
14-06-2015 23:25
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Goes without saying I offer you my sincerest best wishes.

14-06-2015 23:43
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

I am finally starting to see how my neurologist's mind works - although some people would say that should be the other way round!!

The main thing I have learnt from this meeting is that the subependymal cyst I have on my brain is NOT the cause of my speech problems after all and I have probably had it since birth. I wish someone had bothered mentioning that to me!!! - you know, the fucking patient! So I asked him why was it mentioned in the letter after my MRI scan last August??? And not mentioned in the first MRI scan I had in Glasgow several years ago??? He didn't know. It seems as if the guy knows so much about neurology that he assumes everyone else does too!!! It was at this point that the appointment turned into a bit of an argument, which is difficult for me because, with the stress I'm under atm, I pretty much end up barking like a dog - which isn't a good look on me! But he agreed that he should be more forthcoming with information and I agreed to ask more questions, however slowly they come out.

Basically, he still thinks the problem is in the nerves between my brain and my mouth and he's scheduled another MRI scan in August [so one-year on from the last one] and we'll compare the two sets of results. The one reassurance he did give me is that the chances of this ending in an invasive procedure [surgery] is "unlikely", so that's enough for me. I just wish getting information from him wasn't like pulling teeth! This guy seriously needs to be on the other side of this equation, so he can see what it's like from the patient's point of view.

As you were, more news in August - unfortunately.
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 16:52 by Forum Style.)
15-06-2015 16:48

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles