Posting Machine

RE: [non] RIP Forum Style
My sincerest condolences.
25-07-2015 23:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Really sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family.

I was with our Mum when she died as well.
26-07-2015 07:07
lovebabes56 Online
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I know when my sister died, I never got to say goodbye to her properly (which was in September 1987), there is always that part of me that wishes I could have done so, but that I have to say one page of my book of life that I can't turn back to....and done differently.

We all will have to go through these difficult moments in life and I'm sure both your mum and father in law are now at peace. Condolences to all in your family, and friends mate.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
26-07-2015 07:20
skully Offline

(25-07-2015 23:27 )Forum Style Wrote:  Unfortunately, since I made that post back in September 2014, they have both died. My father-in-law 3 months ago and my Mum this morning. The truly sad part is that I was so tired and stressed this morning that I couldn't talk to her at her bedside, to say goodbye to her and thank her for giving me life, so I just held her hand as she slipped away. Difficult times.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss mate, that is truly heartbreaking. She would have felt the love you had for her without saying it.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
26-07-2015 10:34
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

Dont feel bad mate, she is looking down at you and smiling.
26-07-2015 11:19
bigfatpiggyporker Offline
Goodbye

My sincere condolences
26-07-2015 12:09
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

RE: RIP Forum Style
Oh man, sincere condolences on what remains a very challenging time for you Sad
(25-07-2015 23:27 )Forum Style Wrote:  so I just held her hand as she slipped away.
Don't underestimate the value of this, mate. You were there, words or no words.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
26-07-2015 13:45
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Thanks to anyone who posted or sent me a PM. My Mum's funeral is on Wednesday.

I also received the results of my follow-up MRI scan today, one-year on from the previous one. It says that the results are the same as the previous one [no new intracerebral lesions, no change in the size of the cyst and the brain and ventricles appear normal.] And the EMG/NCV test I had in Edinburgh still rules out other more sinister causes. In other words, they still don't know what's causing it and, without a conclusive diagnosis, they're just going to wait and see how it progresses over the next 3-6 months. Not the news I wanted tbh.
31-07-2015 23:46
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Saw my speech therapist today. Apparently my condition is called dysarthria [speech difficulties] including dysphagia [swallowing difficulties] although they don't know the root cause of the neurological injury yet. I'm going to have an appointment at some point where they film me eating food, using a thermal-imaging camera so you can actually see the food going down and how my body copes with it. The speech therapist got me to drink some water, which I choked on and spat out [not a proud moment for me!] but it seems to be a problem with timing, which would be consistent with some motor function issues I've been having recently. As well as the fact that I've lost my sense of rhythm, which for a former professional musician is pretty depressing. No news on my next neurology appointment yet. Until then, more blood tests and speech therapy. #HappyHappyJoyJoy
28-08-2015 03:42
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Had my fluoroscopy test on Thursday morning, where they filmed me eating and drinking with an x-ray camera. The therapist said that droplets of liquid are left in my throat when I drink because, much like my speech issue, I'm swallowing too slowly and the neurological problem won't allow me to swallow faster. If these droplets stay in my throat, they will drip into my lungs where they will rot and cause a chest infection, maybe even pneumonia. The only solution is to put a thickening powder into all my drinks [including water] to make them as thick as the consistency of double-cream, so my throat has enough time to process them properly. I also have to tuck my chin down when I swallow, take smaller mouthfuls and drink from a special cup - like a fucking baby.

I'll be honest, I'll try the powder but if it's as gross as it sounds then I won't bother. I'll just leave my drinks as they are and take my chances staying healthy. Let's face it - if the extra 10-20 years of life it gives me are ones where all the drinks are as thick as milkshakes and I talk this stupidly then I won't be missing much. Good riddance to bad rubbish tbh.
10-10-2015 03:22

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles