Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average

In Response

Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

RE: In Response
Censorship :-( Wrote:What’s going on with the BS on Freeview? Starting three nights ago, the picture is distorted – stretched horizontally, as though it is shot in 4:3, stretched to 16:9, then broadcast as 4:3, meaning that it cannot be corrected by the viewer, resulting in an unmatchable channel.

Please make it stop annoyed

And while you're correcting this broadcast abomination, please also end the censorship on Freeview. If I can be presumptuous enough to speak for ‘Freeviewers’ in general, we would very much like full, $ky strength BS, not the tame, granny friendly version that you are currently inflicting upon us. annoyed
06-06-2009 11:53
Find all posts by this user
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

Moderation Station Wrote:Who the heck is that? If it's someone from 'pop culture' i assure you i don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland full of inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite.

LOL Wasn't that 'cultural wastelend' reference a line from Babylon 5? So you don't watch TV, except Babylon 5 then? Wink Damn good programme though.

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

06-06-2009 11:55

Censorship :-( Wrote:
Censorship :-( Wrote:What’s going on with the BS on Freeview? Starting three nights ago, the picture is distorted – stretched horizontally, as though it is shot in 4:3, stretched to 16:9, then broadcast as 4:3, meaning that it cannot be corrected by the viewer, resulting in an unmatchable channel.

Please make it stop annoyed

And while you're correcting this broadcast abomination, please also end the censorship on Freeview. If I can be presumptuous enough to speak for ‘Freeviewers’ in general, we would very much like full, $ky strength BS, not the tame, granny friendly version that you are currently inflicting upon us. annoyed

And the same goes for PL, too - the tame, granny friendly content, that is, not the broadcast problem, as PL is fine in that regard.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 11:56 by Censorship :-(.)
06-06-2009 11:55

shandyman Wrote:its shot in 16:9, broadcasted in 16:9 but its still sending a signal that its actually in 4:3 which is why you're missing the bits off the sides (like missing one of the 2 girls in the box in the corner etc. thats why i've been saying you just have to mess with the settings on the freeview box like i did.

No, that's not the explanation - the picture is distorted, not only missing bits off the sides of the picture - it is not correctable by the viewer. I can only assume that those who claim to have corrected it either cannot see the distortion/don't mind it, or, strangely, by setting the TV & STB incorrectly, they have 'corrected' the faulty broadcast, two wrongs making a right, though I still can't see that this is possible.

As I have said before, if your explanation was correct, you would not be missing the sides of the picture; what would be seen, is the the full 16:9 picture compressed horizontally in the 4:3 frame, which could be corrected by manually switching to 16:9.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:10 by Censorship :-(.)
06-06-2009 12:03
Shandy Offline

Censorship :-( Wrote:No, that's not the explanation - the picture is distorted, not only missing bits off the sides of the picture - it is not correctable by the viewer. I can only assume that those who claim to have corrected it either cannot see the distortion/don't mind it, or, strangely, by setting the TV & STB incorrectly, they have 'corrected' the faulty broadcast, two wrongs making a right, though I still can't see that this is possible.

As I have said before, if your explanation was correct, you would not be missing the sides of the picture; what would be seen, is the the full 16:9 picture compressed horizontally in the 4:3 frame, which could be corrected by manually switching to 16:9.

well there's no distortion on the pic i put up last night........
06-06-2009 12:11
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

Censorship :-( Wrote:BTW, is anything actually shot 14:9? I thought that this was a made-up aspect to 'fudge' 4:3 broadcasts on a widescreen TV, so that there is less ‘black’ at the sides of the screen, for those strange individuals who would rather watch an inaccurate image (stretched, reduced resolution etc.) than have a part of their screen not displaying picture – ‘I paid for a widescreen TV, and I expect it to be filled entirely, all of the time’ attitude.
As far as I know nothing is actually shot in 14:9 but I thought that it was just possible that something might be converted to that format for broadcasting for exactly the misguided reasons that you quote.

I'm fairly covinced now that what we have is a 4:3 image stretched to 16:9 with the ends cropped off and broadcast as 4:3.
06-06-2009 14:56

vila Wrote:
Censorship :-( Wrote:BTW, is anything actually shot 14:9? I thought that this was a made-up aspect to 'fudge' 4:3 broadcasts on a widescreen TV, so that there is less ‘black’ at the sides of the screen, for those strange individuals who would rather watch an inaccurate image (stretched, reduced resolution etc.) than have a part of their screen not displaying picture – ‘I paid for a widescreen TV, and I expect it to be filled entirely, all of the time’ attitude.
As far as I know nothing is actually shot in 14:9 but I thought that it was just possible that something might be converted to that format for broadcasting for exactly the misguided reasons that you quote.

I'm fairly covinced now that what we have is a 4:3 image stretched to 16:9 with the ends cropped off and broadcast as 4:3.

Yep, that would be my best guess, too.

PL & (as you identified) PP are both 16:9, so why can't they manage a ‘correct’ broadcast on BS, either true 4:3, or 16:9; anything other than the distorted mess that's currently being broadcast
07-06-2009 01:00
Moderation Station Offline
I Love my Job

Hey there Vila and Censorship

Thanks for the messages but please, please calm down.

If you read my initial thread i clearly stated that i am the moderator for Babestation...... That's it.

Do you think i have time to put the mics up and down, switch cameras, liase with three producers, set-up girls for next section, sort out all the tech problems in the studio all the while trying to keep the text box scrolling with information and switching the flash cards about on screen. You want me to monitor a web show and outbound transmission returns as well? Thanks but no thanks.

I appreciate the input and all, but as i cannot stress enough. I am happy to pass on the inforamation to Operations where our resident genius, codename 'T' will undoubtedly think of a solution for you.

T's input: Have you checked your SKY box systems settings and the picture format?

BS is now shot in AND transmitted in 16:9 (as from last week) nobody else, including our monitors from home have reported any problems of the sort anywhere else in the country.

Sorry about the tardy response time as well. I've just come back from holiday. Everybody needs a break you know?
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009 11:50 by Moderation Station.)
12-06-2009 11:47
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Dreamlander Offline

I'm currently watching Lynsey on 906 and she is definitely being filmed in 4:3.The graphics are anamorphic which tricks your eyes into thinking you're watching a 16:9 broadcast but you're not.Charlie on 909 is being broadcast in 16:9.

Dreamlander
12-06-2009 11:58
Moderation Station Offline
I Love my Job

Dreamlander Wrote:I'm currently watching Lynsey on 906 and she is definitely being filmed in 4:3.The graphics are anamorphic which tricks your eyes into thinking you're watching a 16:9 broadcast but you're not.Charlie on 909 is being broadcast in 16:9.

Dreamlander

I am very rarely in during the day, as i say i pretty much solely moderate the BS show at night. Today is my first day back in a while and i've landed a rare day shift. I have personally gone up and checked both cameras and studio output from the set. Both are fine and being shot in 16:9. The returns both studio and transmission are both coming down to operations in 16:9. Monitors from home all report no problems. I can only assume there is an issue with upload at one of the sites (which would consequently affect a large area) or an issue with your TV, or receiver unit i.e. SKY or FV picture settings.

Hope this helps, but this end it's all 16:9 baby.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've left the above in for transparency.

After faffing with different monitors and cameras i have rectified the problem. The camera settings were NOT set to widescreen. The camera menu system is somewhat confusing on this front. It says 16:9 but unless you go into a sub-menu it doesn't tell you whether it is active or not. I have pointed out the problem to the daytime staff and there should not be a repeat. Providing they listen to a lowly 'night-timer' such as myself.

Sorry guys, hope all is good now. (Now that's interactive TV for you!)
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009 12:28 by Moderation Station.)
12-06-2009 12:20
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV