• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Newcomer Of The Year Discussion Thread

winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

RE: Newcomer Of The Year Discussion Thread
(09-11-2022 13:54 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 02:10 )winsaw Wrote:  
(07-11-2022 19:23 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  

I have been given this a lot of thought and come up with an idea that would give girls a better chance of getting the exposure, what If the date a girl was first on TV was the test ,
Think about it no girl gets on TV straight away if she's a newbie it usually takes a few months,
So we could keep a set date like start of Nov but this now become there TV debut ,
This is a bit of out side the box thinking but I think it could work I have looked into who this would make eligible and it increases numbers and sees girls getting more time to build a fan base,

I like this idea. The fact that most new babes do webshows first before a channel takes a punt & puts them on tv, should give all babes a chance. Even a babe who makes her tv debut the first day she becomes eligible in November, would more than likely done a good few webshows, which would give most babewatchers a chance to form some opinion.
This system actually benefits from the fact that newbies webshows & tv appearances are included.
I see a slight problem with newbies who take longer than a year to get a chance on tv, & I guess some may never make it to tv, & that could even be down too personal choice/circumstances.
Most of us have the ability to view some webshows on BS which are free. But this format may work against XP babes as any shows they do on the XP site are not free, I believe. So you could still get an issue as we've had this year with Zoe & Bliss. I don't know the history but maybe that is what happened with Maia Smith.

Maria Smith was on tv regular for 10 months in 2019 before the vote she had more tv than most newbies, people simply didn't chose to vote for her.
i do not intend to discriminate against a girl who dont want to do tv if a girl has been a regular in the time frame on the web but never done a tv show then she can still be counted looking into it this would be a very small number of girls,
i accept it could be an issue on xp but having looked into newbies get a hell of a lot more FTA then newbies on other channels and a lot sooner so feel this format could actually be a benefit to them,
i dont think any format will ever be perfect but this one will be better,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
09-11-2022 14:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doddle Online
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(09-11-2022 01:47 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 16:31 )Doddle Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 09:30 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Is that the case on Xpanded?

Or do they not start any newbies these days anyway? I'm out of touch since they left freeview.
Xpanded are on FV.

Huh Seems I had a tuning issue.

Have I missed much?
Well, if you liked the shows before, then be assured they're much the same now. In some cases, almost exactly the same.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
09-11-2022 17:11
Doddle Online
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(09-11-2022 10:03 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 16:31 )Doddle Wrote:  The thing about the one year time period is that it works just the same for the Grammys, Oscars, Tonys, Emmys, etc etc etc. Yes, some folk might miss out because the start/end date has to be reasonably arbitrary. That's just tough, as it is in every single award cast in this away. It's not the end of the world if someone first appeared 5 days before one deadline and misses out as a result.

Most of the Awards mentioned are ones that can be won year after year. We're trying to find a solution to a specific issue regarding the Newcomer Award.

I bet major film/record companies make sure that release dates are timed so that they are eligible for the big awards.
Indeed they do!

However the babes don't make such considerations because it's not important in this case. What kind of babe would say "I'm sorry I can't start just yet because I want to be sure to qualify as newbie of the year"? It's only ever going to be an arbitrary stop point.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
09-11-2022 17:14
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

Macy May seems very popular, a video i posted on another forum yesterday has 1 less view than a video of former newcomer of the year Electra that i posted here 2 years ago Wink

[Image: image-F5D2_636BD5FF.jpg]

09-11-2022 17:37
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

(09-11-2022 17:14 )Doddle Wrote:  
(09-11-2022 10:03 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 16:31 )Doddle Wrote:  The thing about the one year time period is that it works just the same for the Grammys, Oscars, Tonys, Emmys, etc etc etc. Yes, some folk might miss out because the start/end date has to be reasonably arbitrary. That's just tough, as it is in every single award cast in this away. It's not the end of the world if someone first appeared 5 days before one deadline and misses out as a result.

Most of the Awards mentioned are ones that can be won year after year. We're trying to find a solution to a specific issue regarding the Newcomer Award.

I bet major film/record companies make sure that release dates are timed so that they are eligible for the big awards.
Indeed they do!

However the babes don't make such considerations because it's not important in this case. What kind of babe would say "I'm sorry I can't start just yet because I want to be sure to qualify as newbie of the year"? It's only ever going to be an arbitrary stop point.
Do you have any evidence that babes don't make such considerations. laugh
Agree, highly unlikely, but we as voters don't want potential nominees missing out for the sake of a few days, so we've tried to modify the qualification period. To that end the 2.0 version will include some babes that would have otherwise been excluded, which is a win.Smile

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
09-11-2022 19:30
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(09-11-2022 14:35 )winsaw Wrote:  Maria Smith was on tv regular for 10 months in 2019 before the vote she had more tv than most newbies, people simply didn't chose to vote for her.
i do not intend to discriminate against a girl who dont want to do tv if a girl has been a regular in the time frame on the web but never done a tv show then she can still be counted looking into it this would be a very small number of girls,
i accept it could be an issue on xp but having looked into newbies get a hell of a lot more FTA then newbies on other channels and a lot sooner so feel this format could actually be a benefit to them,
i dont think any format will ever be perfect but this one will be better,

Yes, this sounds like a much better plan. Well done on coming up with this Cool
09-11-2022 23:06
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(08-11-2022 16:31 )Doddle Wrote:  To that end the 2.0 version will include some babes that would have otherwise been excluded, which is a win.Smile

Yeah and the 2.0 version will probably have Zoe Grey as the winner which she wouldn't of been in Winsaw's old way of running it.

See some likely winners miss out so that is why i like the way he runs it now.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
10-11-2022 18:22
crankshaft Offline
Master Debater (though censored)

Only catching up with this thread now.

(08-11-2022 02:10 )winsaw Wrote:  I have been given this a lot of thought and come up with an idea that would give girls a better chance of getting the exposure, what If the date a girl was first on TV was the test ,
Think about it no girl gets on TV straight away if she's a newbie it usually takes a few months,

Alongside Boomerangutangangbang, I also think this is a good idea.

Re: the issue of the dates/period of the contest
(07-11-2022 12:56 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  
(07-11-2022 12:33 )winsaw Wrote:  I haven't said it's an on going issues it's one that seamed to be sorted 4 years ago by the move of the date to November, and it clearly worked for 3 years

This is the part that you haven't fully grasped. The move you made 4 years ago sorted nothing. I can guarantee that in the following 3 years babes will have missed out. It wouldn't take me long to give examples. The fact that nothing was flagged-up has made it look like a solution. Pure luck.
For the LAST time I will explain, in a 365 day comp it's irrelevant what month you start, if you start in June & finish in June, then any babe who debuts on July 31st or before will never have a chance to compete as a Newcomer.

combine recognition of this with recognition also of the following point also made by Boomerangutangangbang:
(07-11-2022 12:27 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  When you think about it, as it currently stands it's more like a season similar to football, so it's 2021-22. Wink
When it's run from Jan 1st to December 31st you can truly give it the title of Newcomer of the Year.
Shifting to start date to the left is a waste of time, & only moves the problem into the previous month.
Unlike all the other comps, the Newcomer has a unique issue, as it's a once in a lifetime chance. In all other Annual comps there's always the next year. That said thinking out of the box it required, in terms of qualification of babes. Surly an expansion of a few months is neither here or there & would give ALL babes just one shot at winning. Some flexibility is essential to make this an all-inclusive comp.

I agree. Why not just make it Jan 1st to Dec 31st (or say an arbitrary date in the final month of the year such as Dec 7th)? *

Added to Winsaw's suggestion that a babe is eligible from their first tv appearance if their first webshow period happens to be BEFORE the date of eligibility (Jan 1), then this may be a workable solution that also is a more transparent process which is also much clearer (because the dates of eligibility are fully consistent with the actual title of the competition in that it applies to the year of 20__). The question to ask attached to the argument here is, why do we necessarily need the results known by a given period of time before the end of the year? The answer is of course the annual award ceremony. Maybe they can be put back to as close to the end of the year as possible? Like say 30th or 31st Dec?

* By this logic, all the awards should be in such a period of time.

||||||||
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2022 21:16 by crankshaft.)
13-11-2022 21:03
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(16-11-2022 11:29 )winsaw Wrote:  Just a reminder that this round will close at 2359 tonight
So if you are thinking of voting then please do so today

You did say voting would end on 14th November so did you add on 2 extra days?.

16-11-2022 17:54
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

Happy to see Scarlett Wild and Zoe Grey in the Newcomer final , they was the best performing Newcomer's by miles in my opinion.

28-11-2022 14:22

Click here to watch Babestation TV