Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

The Very Important Announcement Thread Of Stuff That's Important But Kind Of Not...

Silky Crotch Offline
Banned

RE: The Very Important Announcement Thread Of Stuff That's Important But Kind Of Not...
shame all these members with luis suarez profile pics weren't as outraged with him when he dropped the N-Bomb as they were with someone who might possibly have racist username on a forum maybe its part of his culture
11-12-2012 15:58
Find all posts by this user
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

RE: The Very Important Announcement Thread Of Stuff That's Important But Kind Of Not...
I'm not buying the argument that it's not racist if someone chooses a user name themselves. What if a racist person then takes that username and uses it against the user in a hateful manner? Wouldn't that be racist? If so, then surely it isn't ok to use inappropriate usernames which could be deemed racist.

Why should it be that just the user is affected by racism? It shouldn't. I found the term offensive and I'm not even involved in the dispute. I think more than enough people have made their feelings clear that they are offended by the term.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MAY: KARTEL KAY
11-12-2012 17:51
dominar rygel xvi Offline
Master Poster

(11-12-2012 15:58 )Silky Crotch Wrote:  shame all these members with luis suarez profile pics weren't as outraged with him when he dropped the N-Bomb as they were with someone who might possibly have racist username on a forum maybe its part of his culture

a good point well made and those with luis suarez avatars should pay attention. maybe in this guy's culture a wogdog is simply a kebab.

what's the recipe for this kebab anyway?
11-12-2012 18:49
archibald cockfoster Offline
Senior Poster

(11-12-2012 18:49 )dominar rygel xvi Wrote:  what's the recipe for this kebab anyway?

The best I can do is copy this review from urbanspoon.com:

"Also love their fish and chips and the "wog dog". This is like a souvlaki, but it has hamburger meat in it as well as egg, bacon, cheese and salad."
11-12-2012 19:05
The Truth Offline
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █

Firstly,thanks for finding all this amusing,pretty much expected,so no worries there thenSmile
I also like it to be noted,as I write this,I'm surrounded by three intimidating white fella's,two equally intimidating black fella's and one not so & rather funny looking Asian fella,or my staff as I like to call them...(wow..black fella who's an employer? Who'd of thought eh!!!! My own business,lock stock & two F#@king smoking Wink )
Just my oneupmanship,no other reason apart from I can & I did...anway I digress.
So...My post seems to have whipped up some debate in here,which was not It's intention.
Having read through some of the post,I would like to thank those of you who have posted kind words...Thanks!
Obviously people are wandering why I said what I said,and I can say,it was bore out of anger after seeing a 'User Name' I reiterate 'User Name' not the individual...don't worry,all will become clear by the end of this post.
OK...Since being here on the forum,I've openly challenged what I've taken as offensive and racial posts!!! Over sensitive some might say? You would think? But no!!! I've also had to broach the subject privately!!! Again,darkie a little to sensitive you might say??? Again...No!!!! The fact that I've felt the need to ask a complete stranger,if was it common practice in here (poor sod,didn't really know what to say) was a prelude of what lay ahead.
Now....I'm sure your thinking, "It's only The Truth that's saying anything about this subject?" And you would be right! But wait...I've also received pm's (totally unrelated subject) pointing out some dubious posts,to wich my response was,"I see and my eyes are well and truly open." Which leads me to believe,I'm not the only one seeing this!
I could try to look up everything and chuck it out their,but It's already out there for those who choose to see (un delated stuff anyway)
Now!!! ''wogdog' the 'User Name'(hilarious isn't it?) Well,not for me!!!
Here's were I get a little personal,some may say to personal,but I need to say it,in order for people to understand my anger.
2008 in a magistrates court in London,these words were said..."Mr ? Me,you have been found guilty of assault," more was subsequently said, "The court have taken into consideration the "Extreme Provocation" more stuff said "Due to the severe nature of the assault,the court has no other option than to hand down a custodial sentence."
So what the F#@k has this got to do with anything you might ask? I was the geezer who was sentenced to 12 month's for not accepting being called a 'Wog' 'Black Cunt/Bastard' 'Nigger' ect....
So,while my actions will be seen by many as reprehensible,I have no regrets in handing out my own justice,I'm a proud black man who was brought up to 'Not' use my color as an excuse to not achieve,but also to be proud & defend who I am.
Now I've explained my reasons behind my post,feel free to mock & amuse yourselves but don't try to detract my feelings of anger because assure you there genuine.
For those of you who wish to retract your support after reading this,should do so,with absolute no hard feelings on my part but please understand my anger.

Thanks.
11-12-2012 21:04
seth Offline
Master Poster

(11-12-2012 17:51 )Regenerated Wrote:  I'm not buying the argument that it's not racist if someone chooses a user name themselves. What if a racist person then takes that username and uses it against the user in a hateful manner? Wouldn't that be racist? If so, then surely it isn't ok to use inappropriate usernames which could be deemed racist.

Why should it be that just the user is affected by racism? It shouldn't. I found the term offensive and I'm not even involved in the dispute. I think more than enough people have made their feelings clear that they are offended by the term.

And you're entitled to be offended by it. But I'm not offended by it. Okay so I'm white guy but you know what, I'm not downplaying racism but now it's so easy for people to be offended. People have jumped on this fella without knowing anything about him. It's almost like people are quick to label anything as racist so as not to be associated as condoning racism or thought of as a racist. I'm not offended by someone choosing wogdog as a username, I don't think the username is racist and I doubt the poster who chose that username is a racist.
11-12-2012 21:20
sala Offline
Junior Poster

Sorry, looks like wogdog didn‘t want to reply to my PM concerning the issues/questions about his username that were raised in this thread. Sad
12-12-2012 21:31
davy crockett Offline
Master Poster

(11-12-2012 21:20 )seth Wrote:  I'm not offended by someone choosing wogdog as a username, I don't think the username is racist and I doubt the poster who chose that username is a racist.

Same here. I'm highly sceptical about claims that it's meant to be a racist term.
12-12-2012 21:46
Gibbs Luvs Dani O Offline
Sophia!.....Nice.

A word becomes racial if another person takes offence to it.The guy with the disputed username might not have thought nowt wrong with it but if the guy is British then surely he,she would have known about the racial connotations of the word.But the fact is somebody has took offence,Everybody can debate away,it's racist,it's not racist.
The only one whose opinion that matters is The Truth's & he has been offended by it,If he was to make it a criminal matter the law would be on his side.

"My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard,and they're like you wanna trade cards?Damn right,I wanna trade cards,I'll trade this but not my Charizard.
12-12-2012 23:00
cosmonaut Offline
Posting Machine

(12-12-2012 23:00 )GIBBS LUVS DANI O Wrote:  If he was to make it a criminal matter the law would be on his side.

Not according to the Metropolitan Police. They recently said that for something to be racist there has to be an intention to cause offence. That means for example that chants of Tottenham fans such as 'Yid Army' will not lead to any police action or prosecution as the word yid is not being used by them to deliberately cause offence.
12-12-2012 23:17
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS