Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average

Receiving Babe Channels On Freeview

matt38 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Receiving Babe Channels On Freeview
(16-03-2012 11:56 )TheWatcher Wrote:  No problems here in Granada TV region.
Its always worth checking the Digital Spy freeview forum here
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13
to see if anyone else has problems.

Cheers Watcher, but I followed our mysterious friends advice and found it was transmitter works being carried out, all is well now, just bloody annoying no warnings were given.
16-03-2012 20:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macdonald12789 Offline
Account closed by request

Edinburgh Freeview
Hi, moving to Edinburgh in July and am only going to have a free view set up through the built-in free view in my TV.

I am wondering if anyone can confirm if I will get all the babe channels on Freeview?

The current free view I have only has about 20 channels and no babe channels... Very annoying!!!

Can anyone answer my problem and save my new flat from being boring!!!

Cheers Mac
28-05-2012 22:04
mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

RE: Edinburgh Freeview
(28-05-2012 22:04 )macdonald12789 Wrote:  Hi, moving to Edinburgh in July and am only going to have a free view set up through the built-in free view in my TV.

I am wondering if anyone can confirm if I will get all the babe channels on Freeview?

The current free view I have only has about 20 channels and no babe channels... Very annoying!!!

Can anyone answer my problem and save my new flat from being boring!!!

Cheers Mac

(Yes, I know this is a very simplistic explanation so techies please don't shoot me down!)

The channels on freeview are in groups called multiplexes. There are six groups of them. If you live near and get your signals from a main transmitter you should be able to get all six, although the BBC and ITV multiplexes are often broadcast at a stronger signal level than the others, so if you live on the fringe of a coverage area you could get "mainstream" tv with no problem yet no babechannels (which are invariably on the weaker signal groups).

However, if you get your signal from a relay mast you could be stymied from the start. The transmitters aren't owned by the BBC and ITV any more and the company in charge are under no contractual obligation to carry anything other than the main 2 public service blocks (ie BBC, ITV 1&2, Ch4&5 etc). Many relays carry the lot, but hundreds of thousands of people who use partial service relays cannot even get eg ITV 3 & ITV 4, let alone babes.

The good news is that in Edinburgh you should have no trouble in getting signals from the Craigkelly mast which carries all six multiplexes.

[Image: image-92F3_4FC7C8E3.jpg]

However, having said all that the amount of babechannel output on freeview is limited. RLC Playboy broadcast one channel from midnight to noon. Babestation Extra broadcasts from 22.00 - 5.00, Babestation from midnight - 5.00 and the BS apprentice/masti/dirty wives share a channel on different nights from midnight - 5.30 (and a daytime slot until 7.00 am).

Babestation Xtreme is on from 23.30 - 04.45 but that is subscription (£5 per night IIRC). Television X is also available on subscription but make sure that your receiver is compatible and will work with subscription channels before you hand over any money!!

You will NOT get Elite, Chatgirl, Storm, XXXP or any other babechannel.

Good luck!

follow me on twitter @mrwilliamsforum

31-05-2012 20:49
macdonald12789 Offline
Account closed by request

Ok, I actually understand it all now for a change!! Thanks for explaining it in a simpler way!

So how can I get Elite then on my tv??? Other than a sky box?

Elite is actually the only channel I want and its the most difficult to get haha, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
01-06-2012 18:50
mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

Until a few months ago Elite used to have a slot on freeview (01.00 - 04.00 IIRC) but when the contract came up for renewal they gave it up. Sad

Therefore, the only alternative to a skybox is to watch it on the webstream - AFAIK no cable companies carry it but I'm sure somebody will correct me on that if they know different!

follow me on twitter @mrwilliamsforum

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 21:06 by mr williams.)
01-06-2012 20:58
russmeyer Offline
Senior Poster

Interesting article on the early Babestation shows on freeview

The First Babestation Freeview Show

https://www.babestation.tv/blog/freeview/
12-05-2021 09:02