babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Poll: Can You Get 901 At All?
This poll is closed.
YES... and I have an active subscription 68.00% 34 68.00%
YES... I have an inactive subscription but a Sky viewing card inserted 14.00% 7 14.00%
YES... and I have NO card 2.00% 1 2.00%
NO BUT IT APPEARS ON MY EPG... and I have an active subscription 2.00% 1 2.00%
NO BUT IT APPEARS ON MY EPG... I have an inactive subscription but a Sky viewing card inserted 10.00% 5 10.00%
NO BUT IT APPEARS ON MY EPG... and I have NO card 2.00% 1 2.00%
NOT AT ALL... and I have an active subscription 0% 0 0%
NOT AT ALL... I have an inactive subscription but a Sky viewing card inserted 0% 0 0%
NOT AT ALL... and I have NO card 2.00% 1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average

901 - Can You Get It

aaron Offline
Posting Machine

RE: 901 - Can You Get It
(09-01-2010 00:18 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Also, I see someone on the poll has answered 'YES... and I have NO card' - again, this is not possible. A Sky card is needed to decrypt the signal, even though no subscription is involved.

Yes he must have a card even if he doesn't know it.
09-01-2010 22:50
Find all posts by this user
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

(08-01-2010 17:21 )Digital Dave Wrote:  When the channel's allocated to Bang Babes during the day it's a free to view channel (not free to air) so anyone with a Sky box and an active Sky viewing card will be able to receive it. There's no need for any kind of subscription.

Those with a Sky box but no card (or an expired card), and those with Freesat boxes or generic satellite receivers, will not be able to receive it.

Were your engineers hoping it was FTA? I'm sure that can be arranged by talking to Playboy and Sky.

By the way, all channels always appear on the Sky EPG, irrespective of whether the user can receive them or not.

This is not correct, all channels do not appear on the sky EPG. I have no valid card so have lost some channels from the EPG eg. 105,901,937 and 945.

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
09-01-2010 23:04
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(09-01-2010 23:04 )thinwhiteduke Wrote:  
(08-01-2010 17:21 )Digital Dave Wrote:  When the channel's allocated to Bang Babes during the day it's a free to view channel (not free to air) so anyone with a Sky box and an active Sky viewing card will be able to receive it. There's no need for any kind of subscription.

Those with a Sky box but no card (or an expired card), and those with Freesat boxes or generic satellite receivers, will not be able to receive it.

Were your engineers hoping it was FTA? I'm sure that can be arranged by talking to Playboy and Sky.

By the way, all channels always appear on the Sky EPG, irrespective of whether the user can receive them or not.

This is not correct, all channels do not appear on the sky EPG. I have no valid card so have lost some channels from the EPG eg. 105,901,937 and 945.

Rubbish. The channels are still on the epg. I don't have a card either but the channels are definitely still listed.
10-01-2010 00:41
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

(10-01-2010 00:41 )Digital Dave Wrote:  
(09-01-2010 23:04 )thinwhiteduke Wrote:  

Rubbish. The channels are still on the epg. I don't have a card either but the channels are definitely still listed.

What do you mean rubbish. The channels are not listed, why would i lie ?

10-01-2010 00:45
BBLackey Offline
Senior Poster

Dave, does the same "rule" apply to the EPG as to just going through each channel?

I also know someone with a Sky box that jumps past 901 when you use the +/- button on the Sky remote or on the box itself.

TEASE ME TV ... Watch The Streams Online

(Please report technical stream problems here) (WEB ONLY)
10-01-2010 00:46
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

I would just like to apologise to Digital Dave and also thank him. After reading your post I removed my old viewing card and when I put it back in I got all the channels I lost back. Don't know if this will help anyone else. Once again mate sorry and thanks.

10-01-2010 01:55
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(10-01-2010 00:46 )BBLackey Wrote:  Dave, does the same "rule" apply to the EPG as to just going through each channel?

I also know someone with a Sky box that jumps past 901 when you use the +/- button on the Sky remote or on the box itself.

Even using the + or - button should take you through each and every channel, even if you don't subscribe to it or have a Sky viewing card.

Perhaps these occurrences you mention are related to old Sky boxes? Having said that, mine is three years old, so not that recent.
10-01-2010 02:21
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(10-01-2010 01:55 )thinwhiteduke Wrote:  I would just like to apologise to Digital Dave and also thank him. After reading your post I removed my old viewing card and when I put it back in I got all the channels I lost back. Don't know if this will help anyone else. Once again mate sorry and thanks.

That's ok, no need to apologise (and thanks for the rep!). Smile

Perhaps we were at cross purposes with regard to the term 'appearing on the epg'? I just meant that they were listed there, not that you could receive them. However, if the channels disappear from your epg as well when you don't have a card, then perhaps it's related to old Sky boxes, as I mentioned to BB lackey?

If you take out an expired Sky card and then re-insert it you will definitely get back FTV channels such as 905 and 901, but shortly afterwards you'll get an annoying nag screen which tells you to update your card, so unless you want to stump up £20 it would be best to remove the card, as I did. You will then lose those channels but they will still be referred to on the epg.

Sky decided to update their cards very recently, probably to generate some revenue from people like me who signed up for a year and then cancelled their subscription.

This epg issue was and is one of the bones of contention that people have complained to Sky about - the lack of epg customisation. Rupert Murdoch absolutely refuses to allow users to delete channels from the epg that they don't receive, as he thinks that they comprise an advert for the channel and tempt viewers to subscribe. Therefore all channels are always listed.

One of the main selling points of Freesat was that the epg is customisable, so all the religious, shopping channels and other crap they don't want can be deleted by the user.
10-01-2010 02:40
TammysNo1Fan Offline
Posting Machine

Just put channel 901 on and all they have now is the add for the pay ( Adult ) channel

So looks like The Pad Daytime is back to 3 channels
12-01-2010 13:27
actonaaron Offline

(12-01-2010 13:27 )TammysNo1Fan Wrote:  Just put channel 901 on and all they have now is the add for the pay ( Adult ) channel

So looks like The Pad Daytime is back to 3 channels

No I can get it, no trouble.
17-01-2010 11:46
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV