Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Bang media licence revoked

RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

RE: Bang media license revoked ?
(26-11-2010 16:48 )kalel76 Wrote:  I would love to know from ofcom what strong content bang media have been showing as to me its been no different to the other chanels out there and its hardly been hardcore unless am missing something here. Once again ofcom have gone off on one again.

Bang Media have been the worst and have done it the longest. I somehow don't think this will be the last at all.

(26-11-2010 13:45 )HannahsPet Wrote:  surely will make no difference they can still broadcast just wont be allowed anywhere near the EPG mind you im no lawyer so dont know sure the lawyers amongst us will enlighten us

Nope, revoked means no broadcasting what so ever, the channels would have all been removed and the studios closed.

This should prove as a warning to the other channels, but no doubt some will take no notice, and tbh this is a kick up the ass the industry has needed for years with a big player being shot down.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
27-11-2010 00:13
Find all posts by this user
Merc with the Mouth Offline
Senior Poster

why has the industry needed a kick up the arse? you actually support this action? are you mad?
27-11-2010 00:33
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(26-11-2010 21:41 )gazfc Wrote:  They know what can be shown and what cant and some of the stuff that is shown on daytimes is totally unacceptable and ofcom was left with no alternative and had to act.

Bloody hell, gazfc. Do you work for Ofcom?

What you're saying is that these channels should behave like good little boys and only air 15-cert material - which is about the only level of explicitness Ofcom will tolerate. If no-one ever fought for their rights, where would we be today?

(27-11-2010 00:05 )bobek Wrote:  They have, in all likelihood fucked things up big time for the remaining channels.

Good! It serves them right for kow-towing and pussyfooting around Ofcom the whole time. It's just a shame there aren't other chanel with the balls Bang Media had.

As for them still being on air, I think the answers probably simple; the revocation isn't 'with immediate effect'.
27-11-2010 00:34
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(27-11-2010 00:33 )Merc with the Mouth Wrote:  why has the industry needed a kick up the arse? you actually support this action? are you mad?

Because a lot of the channels have been braking the regs and thinking they can just get away with a fine and nothing more will be done, where now something more has been done.

I'm not mad just seen the industry for what it is, which is not what it is like front of camera, but behind the scenes it can be very dodgy.

I support it because it is showing a company who has got to big for their boots who the boss is and made them the size the really are, nothing.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
27-11-2010 00:42
Senior Poster

This is an utter travesty.

The report says "to protect children". Protect them from what, exactly? Shit parents who let them watch SKY unsupervised late into the night?

And to protect those who are offended? OFFENDED!?!!? Offended my some tits and ass? What in fucks name? Whoever is offended by stuff like that is a peasant and should be slapped. Plus you know, if something offends you. don't fucking watch it!

Seriously, this is such, such bollox.
27-11-2010 00:43
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Don't be such a cock, RCTV. Can't you piss off and buy some Benny Hill dvds? That sounds about the level of explictness you're after.

I'm sorry if those words seem harsh and offensive - it really is nothing personal - but such an attitude, from a supposed babeshow fan, angers me deeply.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2010 00:50 by StanTheMan.)
27-11-2010 00:43
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(27-11-2010 00:41 )StanTheMan Wrote:  As for them still being on air, I think the answers probably simple; the revocation isn't 'with immediate effect'.

I was wondering that, and came to the same conclusion, I think some have been of immediate effect, but think they want to keep some going til the next pay day or end of the month.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
27-11-2010 00:44
Senior Poster

(27-11-2010 00:42 )RCTV Wrote:  Because a lot of the channels have been braking the regs and thinking they can just get away with a fine and nothing more will be done, where now something more has been done.

I'm not mad just seen the industry for what it is, which is not what it is like front of camera, but behind the scenes it can be very dodgy.

I support it because it is showing a company who has got to big for their boots who the boss is and made them the size the really are, nothing.

So in essence, you are a jobsworth? You one of these mindless zombies who follows all the laws and rules and regs without using your own mind to decide what is wrong and right?

Who gives a shit if they break the regs?

What actual harm is Bang TV doing? Errr... none. Anyone who is actually offended by the sort of stuff they put on TV deserves a slap.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2010 00:50 by Merc with the Mouth.)
27-11-2010 00:47
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(27-11-2010 00:43 )StanTheMan Wrote:  Don't be such a cock, RCTV. Can't you piss off and buy some Benny Hill dvds? That sounds about the level of explictness you're after.

Shut the fuck up.

I know the regs, they didn't, they now have their license revoked.

I won't go and by benny hill dvds, i will just pop to work and watch girls fucking, much nicer.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
27-11-2010 00:48
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(27-11-2010 00:34 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(26-11-2010 21:41 )gazfc Wrote:  They know what can be shown and what cant and some of the stuff that is shown on daytimes is totally unacceptable and ofcom was left with no alternative and had to act.

Bloody hell, gazfc. Do you work for Ofcom?

What you're saying is that these channels should behave like good little boys and only air 15-cert material - which is about the only level of explicitness Ofcom will tolerate. If no-one ever fought for their rights, where would we be today?

Would you like to read my post again? Or should I say 'bloody hell do you work for bang media'

Or look at it like this, If you were to break the rules at say work 60 times!! would you complain about been sacked?

And what exactly are you doing to 'fight for your right' or are you one of these people that like to blame everyone else for every problem to face?

Do some of you even realise most of the rule breaks are from day shows?
27-11-2010 00:51
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed