Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Bang media licence revoked

RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

RE: Bang media license revoked ?
(27-11-2010 00:47 )Merc with the Mouth Wrote:  So in essence, you are a jobsworth? You one of these mindless zombies who follows all the laws and rules and regs without using your own mind to decide what is wrong and right?

Who gives a shit if they break the regs?

What actual harm is Bang TV doing? Errr... none. Anyone who is actually offended by the sort of stuff they put on TV deserves a slap.

regs are there for a reason, and in the industry myself (when i was working in UK) and bang were in is an industry where they have to be followed as people can complain.

A lot if they don't follow the regs are free to view channels which ANYONE including under 18s can see, and it is often parents who also complain.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
27-11-2010 00:53
Find all posts by this user
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(27-11-2010 00:44 )gazfc Wrote:  Would you like to read my post again? Or should I say 'bloody hell do you work for bang media'

Or look at it like this, If you were to break the rules at say work 60 times!! would you complain about been sacked?

Apologies, gazfc. I know you were referring to the dayshows, I was just looking at the bigger picture. As for their dayshow content - they're still on ADULT channels that can be taken out of the system by any self-respecting parent that has concerns about what their children see. If I was in control, there's be no distiction between day and night shows. And if there was, it would be purley for variety.
27-11-2010 00:55
Merc with the Mouth Offline
Senior Poster

(27-11-2010 00:51 )gazfc Wrote:  Would you like to read my post again? Or should I say 'bloody hell do you work for bang media'

Or look at it like this, If you were to break the rules at say work 60 times!! would you complain about been sacked?

And what exactly are you doing to 'fight for your right' or are you one of these people that like to blame everyone else for every problem to face?

Do some of you even realise most of the rule breaks are from day shows?

Who. gives. a. shit? Really? Who cares? What sort of peasant has a problem with girls showing off their bodies?

We are not talking about snuff movies here... we are talking about tits and arses.
27-11-2010 00:56
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(27-11-2010 00:44 )gazfc Wrote:  Would you like to read my post again? Or should I say 'bloody hell do you work for bang media'

Apologies, gazfc. I know you were referring to the dayshows, I was just looking at the bigger picture. As for their dayshow content - they're still on ADULT channels that can be taken out of the system by any self-respecting parent that has concerns about what their children see. If I was in control, there's be no distiction between day and night shows. And if there was, it would be purley for variety.

As for the work analogy, it would all depend on whether or not I thought the rules were fair... which in the case of Ofcom's, most of us don't.
27-11-2010 00:56
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(27-11-2010 00:51 )gazfc Wrote:  Do some of you even realise most of the rule breaks are from day shows?

Yeah, and that's why if anyone says regs don't have to be followed, they are speaking shit as they really have to be followed, or guess what? license can be revoked.

This isn't at you gazfc, but in general, guys who think that it is wrong, get a life seriously, would you flash in a street and not expect to get punished? as you would get nicked.

This is the same, they've broken the regs NUMEROUS times, they've got punished for it

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
27-11-2010 00:57
Senior Poster

(27-11-2010 00:53 )RCTV Wrote:  regs are there for a reason, and in the industry myself (when i was working in UK) and bang were in is an industry where they have to be followed as people can complain.

A lot if they don't follow the regs are free to view channels which ANYONE including under 18s can see, and it is often parents who also complain.

It's better for teenagers to be watching these channels than out there getting each other pregnant and spreading diseases and what not.

And no, the SKY channels can have PINs put on them. A parent who is that bothered by these channels would do that.

Again, a bit of tits and arse does no harm to anybody.
27-11-2010 01:00
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(27-11-2010 00:56 )StanTheMan Wrote:  Apologies, gazfc. I know you were referring to the dayshows, I was just looking at the bigger picture. As for their dayshow content - they're still on ADULT channels that can be taken out of the system by any self-respecting parent that has concerns about what their children see. If I was in control, there's be no distiction between day and night shows. And if there was, it would be purley for variety.

As for the work analogy, it would all depend on whether or not I thought the rules were fair... which in the case of Ofcom's, most of us don't.

Whether it's an adult channel or not, the watershed still applies.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
27-11-2010 01:00
Senior Poster

(27-11-2010 00:57 )RCTV Wrote:  Yeah, and that's why if anyone says regs don't have to be followed, they are speaking shit as they really have to be followed, or guess what? license can be revoked.

This isn't at you gazfc, but in general, guys who think that it is wrong, get a life seriously, would you flash in a street and not expect to get punished? as you would get nicked.

This is the same, they've broken the regs NUMEROUS times, they've got punished for it

haha this is hilarious.

You are comparing me walking down the street with my old boy hanging out to some channels that can have pin blocks put on them showing some girls in skimpy underwear and sometimes doing cheeky little flashes? Seriously?
27-11-2010 01:02
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(27-11-2010 00:53 )RCTV Wrote:  regs are there for a reason, and in the industry myself (when i was working in UK) and bang were in is an industry where they have to be followed as people can complain.

You're completely missing Merc's point, RCTV.

The material Bang have put out has hurt nobody - and I include lollygate in that. And yes, these channel are free-to-view, but as has been mentioned countless fucking times - THEY CAN BE LOCKED OUT OF THE SYSTEM BY ANY PARENT CONCERNED ABOUT THE MATERIAL THEIR CHILDREN SEE.
27-11-2010 01:03
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(27-11-2010 01:00 )Merc with the Mouth Wrote:  It's better for teenagers to be watching these channels than out there getting each other pregnant and spreading diseases and what not.

And no, the SKY channels can have PINs put on them. A parent who is that bothered by these channels would do that.

Again, a bit of tits and arse does no harm to anybody.

Scarily I actually agree with all of that, even though I was preg at 14.

But there are some really thick parents who would take offense and I personally wouldn't let my kids watch them, then again I don't need to put a pin on my tv as they know they would get a bollocking if they even attempted to watch them.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
27-11-2010 01:04
Thread Closed