Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average

New Ofcom Rules

HoneyRocks Offline
Honey Monster

RE: New Ofcom Rules
All I can say is that it's one rule for one and one for another it would seem.

Radio Caroline are and have been for a while now in pretty high profile negotiations with Ofcom, many (over 70 in number) politicians and parliament via an Early Day Motion regarding a possible full time MW terrestrial licence and with regards to satellite broadcasting rules/uplinks and more that has not been made public and it would seem from what I personally know of those negotiations so far, it would seem like one rule for one and one for another.

If these so called foreign satellite licences to broadcast from the UK to the UK were that easy cheap and simple to obtain to be able to broadcast legit outside the law, then all stations would be trying to do it.

One thing is for certain, rules for uplinks have not changed having used them via Ofcom licenses in connection with Forces radio stuff in the last 8 weeks.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Lovely beautiful Honey Scott IS my favourite very cute bundle of yummy Marshmallow Fluff!!! <3
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2011 22:41 by HoneyRocks.)
14-08-2011 22:36
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
anchorman Offline
Account Closed

(14-08-2011 22:24 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  dont know but fairly sure some callers do go out with babes from the shows

If the price is right WinkWink
14-08-2011 22:37
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(14-08-2011 22:20 )KRISB Wrote:  I am not shocked just concerned about the forum supplying Ofcom with ammo.
Anyways back to my original post, is it just the crew enjoying shenanigans or is it regular callers getting thier rewards?

My guess is mostly just the crew, though it would be a quite brash to suggest that all of the crew on every channel gets some fun, or to suggest that every woman on every channel does this. I think it all depends on the woman and what she's comfortable with doing, and vice versa, and possibly also what the producers will allow. As for the meeting the callers thing, my guess is that a small number of women do iinfact meet up with their callers, either hooking up with them, or something less sexual to be safer, or even something non sexual, in an attempt to show appreciation and better ensure they remain a top customer. Not suggesting all of them do this, but like the behind the scenes thoughts, it would seem a bit unlikely that none of the women do this.

I'm surprised we've never had anyone come on this forum and spill the beans on who they've met with, but perhaps that's part of the deal, and I can understand that. The last thing any of these women would want is someone coming on here to brag about who they've been with, and I doubt they would anyway, if they were a loyal caller.
14-08-2011 23:32
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(14-08-2011 22:36 )jesswestisbest Wrote:  All I can say is that it's one rule for one and one for another it would seem.

Radio Caroline are and have been for a while now in pretty high profile negotiations with Ofcom, many (over 70 in number) politicians and parliament via an Early Day Motion regarding a possible full time MW terrestrial licence and with regards to satellite broadcasting rules/uplinks and more that has not been made public and it would seem from what I personally know of those negotiations so far, it would seem like one rule for one and one for another.

If these so called foreign satellite licences to broadcast from the UK to the UK were that easy cheap and simple to obtain to be able to broadcast legit outside the law, then all stations would be trying to do it.

One thing is for certain, rules for uplinks have not changed having used them via Ofcom licenses in connection with Forces radio stuff in the last 8 weeks.

It is confusing. In fact the subject of who has Dutch licences and what benefits they provide was thrashed out a few weeks ago on here.

Gold Plated Pension provided chapter and verse (see links below).

The Babestation channels have one Dutch licence on Sky and two on Freeview. most of the time they're simulcast with other channels with Ofcom licences, so Ofcom rules prevail. The Dutch Freeview licenses do allow them to start broadcasting earlier than other UK channels however.

You're partially right regarding the uplink rule - if you uplink from country A you are likely to be governed by the broadcasting rules of country A, however, you also need to base your business in country A to be sure of getting a licence from there.

The studios can be in country B, but if you uplink from country A and have the main HQ in country A then chances are you will be eligible to be governed under the rules and regs of country A.

An example of this is Revelation TV, who were in constant hot water with Ofcom for trying to fundraise on air (and for broadcasting mind boggling nonsense).

They now uplink from Spain and also have their main office there, even though the studios are still in Surbiton. One of the founding partners actually moved to Spain to strengthen their case. They now operate with a Spanish licence, even though they're still on the Sky epg. This gives them some leeway in what they broadcast.

Just for information, Babestation is owned by Cellcast, a major international telecoms company. This might explain why they can uplink from Holland, as they may well own the infrastructure to do it.

Radio Caroline could get a Dutch licence if they relocate their HQ to Holland and uplink from there also. This is likely to be way out of their budget however. By the way, how is Ronan O'Reilly? Smile

Gold Plated Pension posts:

Babestation licences:

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid843976

Ofcom rules:

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid843858
14-08-2011 23:41
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(14-08-2011 22:13 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  would suprise me if amanda hasnt had fun with the behind the scenes crew of the channels she's been on

Knowing Amanda's reputation for being calm and collected she probably wears a strapon. Not quite what they were expecting.

Gone fishing
14-08-2011 23:51
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(14-08-2011 21:58 )babefinder Wrote:  Just out-of-shot shenanigans are still OUT of shot so it doesn't really make a difference...

Indeed! I don't hold back from talking about this kind of thing because I can't see what Ofcom regulations are being broken with stuff like this. Nothing is ever seen, so what the hell can Ofcom do anyway?
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2011 00:14 by StanTheMan.)
15-08-2011 00:12
HoneyRocks Offline
Honey Monster

(14-08-2011 23:41 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Just for information, Babestation is owned by Cellcast, a major international telecoms company. This might explain why they can uplink from Holland, as they may well own the infrastructure to do it.

Radio Caroline could get a Dutch licence if they relocate their HQ to Holland and uplink from there also. This is likely to be way out of their budget however. By the way, how is Ronan O'Reilly? Smile

Budget as with most UK broadcasters these days is always an issue but the bit about having a Dutch HQ to broadcast via a Dutch facility is still flawed with the old Big L Radio 1395 AM transmitter situation.

Big L have never had a Dutch office, studio or been registered in Holland as a business or for tax or other financial purposes, but for nearly 7 years used and held the licence for a Dutch transmitter facility and for the last year they were on 1395 AM were not even on SKY, just Medium Wave and the net via Frinton studios and the business registered and run from Brum.

Nightime output had been hired airtime via a Dutch organisation KBC Radio, but even that was sent to the Frinton studio and resent onto the Trintelhaven broadcasting facility from the UK.

But again it does make you wonder if it is/was so easy to broadcast from the UK legit but outside the law why others don't do it.

There are many dodgy political type organisations who would love to use and abuse such a thing for their own ends (pardon the pun!) and awful propaganda if they could get away with it to bypass the UK laws on political broadcasting and bias.

Ronan is still around very much, getting older, hair getting even whiter and is still the slippery Silver Fox!!! Still miss the late Tony Allan's Ronan impersonations........

I really don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Lovely beautiful Honey Scott IS my favourite very cute bundle of yummy Marshmallow Fluff!!! <3
15-08-2011 00:14
broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

Ok a non uk licence would cost more but if the channels could put on a better show due to not having to follow ofcom's PG rules and could present an adult based show they would make money cause more people would phone in short term pain for long term gain -simples
15-08-2011 00:33
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

(15-08-2011 00:33 )Broncobilly Wrote:  Ok a non uk licence would cost more but if the channels could put on a better show due to not having to follow ofcom's PG rules and could present an adult based show they would make money cause more people would phone in short term pain for long term gain -simples

Perfectly put Broncobilly, you have to spend money to make money and if the other channels did this, they could even expand their broadcasting market to another country (like BS) which would make them the money back.
The only problem is, we're talking about channels that are too shit scared to spend money to tackle the Ofcom issue. So, they won't have the balls to take a gamble and spend money to get a foreign license, whether they will increase their profit margin or not.
I actually think that the babeshows days are now numbered because their bending over and letting Ofcom royally shaft them.annoyed

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
15-08-2011 01:43
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(15-08-2011 01:43 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  
(15-08-2011 00:33 )Broncobilly Wrote:  Ok a non uk licence would cost more but if the channels could put on a better show due to not having to follow ofcom's PG rules and could present an adult based show they would make money cause more people would phone in short term pain for long term gain -simples

Perfectly put Broncobilly, you have to spend money to make money and if the other channels did this, they could even expand their broadcasting market to another country (like BS) which would make them the money back.
The only problem is, we're talking about channels that are too shit scared to spend money to tackle the Ofcom issue. So, they won't have the balls to take a gamble and spend money to get a foreign license, whether they will increase their profit margin or not.
I actually think that the babeshows days are now numbered because their bending over and letting Ofcom royally shaft them.annoyed

Yeah, but if the women keep hooking up with their best callers, then it might not be the end of it Wink
15-08-2011 01:54