Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Chat - Webshow

pitbullpar Offline
Senior Poster

RE: The Chat - Webshow
that listening in thing is a load of crap, if that was the case any of these channels would be able to broadcast on any channel as long as you don't let people listen in, elite on ch4 another on ch5 bs daytime on sky1, works for me sounds better than cash in the attic or loose women or any other daytime tv thats put on the mainstream tv
31-07-2011 16:12
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

(31-07-2011 14:07 )madhatter13 Wrote:  Does it mean that they (whatever show it it) are interested to hear us ring and saying how bad a life we have it or how good we have it or is it that they are only intrested in the few pounds they can make from us?

Ask yourself this: would they be willing to give you their home/mobile number so you can call them for a chat when they aren't at work?

(31-07-2011 16:12 )pitbullpar Wrote:  that listening in thing is a load of crap, if that was the case any of these channels would be able to broadcast on any channel as long as you don't let people listen in

Which would never happen as the majority of the money these channels make comes from people paying to listen in.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
31-07-2011 16:20
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

(31-07-2011 14:07 )madhatter13 Wrote:  Thank-you all for joining in the convo, most except for the odd one have been interesting to see and read and I take onbord what's said.

I understand where these shows are coming from it's just a way of taking money by getting us to ring in or text or whatever. So does that mean that us men are so silly that we get taken in by a good looking girl on screen dressed in whatever?

Does it mean that they (whatever show it it) are interested to hear us ring and saying how bad a life we have it or how good we have it or is it that they are only intrested in the few pounds they can make from us? Some people have used the chat for what ever situation they have had going on in thier life (& i'm not going to belittle it), but do you think they even care deep down, do you think by the third or fourth caller of the day they just switch off say whatever?

But the main quiestion is why do ladies not have shows like this or red light on sky and why do men? and does it mean i've been taken in just like every other man who watches has and is the chat just like the other shows, just put to us in a diffrent way to try and make us think its not girls using the idea of sexy girls to try to get us to ring or text to make cash for the owners. (and i'm not saying this to put any1 down just opening up a quiestion) Talk soon bye.

(31-07-2011 12:23 )Regenerated Wrote:  Ok fair enough, the Chat had to be in the 900 channels. Those are fair enough explanations.

Yes pitbull its true that many Chat presenters began on mainstream daytime channels at the time, such as Party People and Lads Lounge. Charlie and Bianca were on Party People and Layla and Bambi I believe were on Lads Lounge.

HuhHuhHuh

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
31-07-2011 22:22
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

Shame The Chat show itself wasn't as interesting as this thread...

...bit like a thread on another forum about Synchronised Swimming (and should it be in the Olympics, blah, blah...).

More interesting to talk about than actually watch.

The flaw in The Chat show was that they hired pretty girls who were - frankly - pretty ignorant and whose style of conversation you could hear at any bus stop.

Layla is pretty, but she's pretty close to functionally illiterate in my opinion.

So why were they hired - 'cos they could "chat" or 'cos they were pretty?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
31-07-2011 23:01
horseshoe Offline
Junior Poster

(31-07-2011 23:01 )MeTarzan Wrote:  Layla is pretty, but she's pretty close to functionally illiterate in my opinion.

So why were they hired - 'cos they could "chat" or 'cos they were pretty?

Taking "ignorant" in the literal sense - Layla is presenting live TV in her second language, so that's a pretty ignorant statement to make.

That said, of course they are in it for the money - who would work for free? To pretend otherwise would be ridiculous. How many of the girls voluntarily stayed in contact with viewers when they were off the air, I wonder?
01-08-2011 13:02
pitbullpar Offline
Senior Poster

Of course these girls are doing it for the money none of these girls on any channel is never gonna be your friend in real life I think if you do think their you friends you might need to get out more is emma spellar, vikki t, layla or luci ever gonna text asking if you wanna go out for a drink not a chance, maybe if your lucky you may bump into them somewhere but friends carry on dreaming
01-08-2011 15:38
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

(01-08-2011 13:02 )horseshoe Wrote:  Taking "ignorant" in the literal sense - Layla is presenting live TV in her second language, so that's a pretty ignorant statement to make.

What are you talking about - English isn't Layla's second language...Bounce

Don't believe what you read on her website - it's just fantasy (nothing wrong with that, but not based on the facts).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
01-08-2011 18:29
horseshoe Offline
Junior Poster

I have no idea what her website says. Clearly I'm not paying as much attention as you are...
04-08-2011 12:10
davyboysmith Offline
Senior Poster

whose on this weekend ?
06-08-2011 03:07
pitbullpar Offline
Senior Poster

(06-08-2011 03:07 )davyboysmith Wrote:  whose on this weekend ?

Sat, bambi & bianca then sun, bambi & a cheeky pal whoever that is I don't know
06-08-2011 08:17