Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average

Why Can't They Swear ?

elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Why Can't They Swear ?
Regardless of what people in this thread are saying, I heard the word 'cock' uttered last night on two different channels.
04-02-2009 11:56
Find all posts by this user
Dreamlander Offline

elgar1uk Wrote:Regardless of what people in this thread are saying, I heard the word 'cock' uttered last night on two different channels.

Let me guess...Channel 4 and 5 ! Big Grin They can show what they like in the name of 'education' or 'relevance' Big Grin

Dreamlander
04-02-2009 12:07
rumbletum Offline
Senior Poster

I think the main issue with Ofcom (hereby known as "The Wankers!:coolSmile isn't so much the words - such as cock, pussy etc - but the context in which they are said. You are right in the fact that people like the great James May get away with it but, in reality he uses the word as a derogatory term, whereas "The Wankers" may feel that with the services being offered by the babe channels, the words may be seen to contain more of a sexual context and therefore "The Wankers" might feel that it would be seen to promote prostitution and other sexual services which we, as adults, obviously can't deal withRolleyes. In other words "The Wankers are a bunch of prudes who feel that we (as adults) can't decide for ourselves what is acceptable and what is not!. Told ya - they are WANKERS!!!!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue

Remember folks .... It's better to burn out than to fade away...
04-02-2009 12:13
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

Dreamlander Wrote:Let me guess...Channel 4 and 5 ! Big Grin They can show what they like in the name of 'education' or 'relevance' Big Grin

No, two babe channels.

And I'm not going to say which ones in case the girls were doing something wrong.
04-02-2009 12:15
Dreamlander Offline

elgar1uk Wrote:
Dreamlander Wrote:Let me guess...Channel 4 and 5 ! Big Grin They can show what they like in the name of 'education' or 'relevance' Big Grin

No, two babe channels.

And I'm not going to say which ones in case the girls were doing something wrong.

Good idea! I often think this place is the best source for Ofcom investigators! We give them all the nipslips,pussyslips etc.! I often imagine one of the video poster guys on here appearing as a witness in court pointing at the girls rude bits with a stick on a blown up cap. in front of the jury! Big Grin

Dreamlander
04-02-2009 12:34
rjack11 Offline
Senior Poster

Maybe I should text in, get a load of my Big Ben it goes nuts every hour.

Clock I ask you, imagine they were shagging a clock?
05-02-2009 00:10
rjack11 Offline
Senior Poster

I'm going to send a picture in of my clock actually.

Got quite a nice Grandfather Clock, beauty it is. Trouble is credit crunch and all that.
05-02-2009 00:15
Luke01 Offline
Junior Poster

Somebody should send in a pic of a clock, shame it would cost £3 though Sad
05-02-2009 13:53
hambrist14 Offline
Junior Poster

They should be allowed to swear it is so stupid, why can't they?
08-02-2009 15:13
Rivers Offline
Senior Poster

I've often wondered this myself but as has pointed it I think it's more to do with the context the words are used in rather than the actual words themselves.
Still, the likelihood of anyone watching these channels being offended by these words is minimal to say the least so the whole rule is just bollocks really!
08-02-2009 17:35
Thread Closed